Project E39.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project E39.

Since the car will receive another make over in the coming weeks, I'd like to keep track of it on SW as well.

The car is an E39 540, it began its life as a 1999 540ia with M package, I bought the car back in 2004/5 to replace my Lexus GS400, at that time I couldn't afford a 6spd since they were asking 5-6k more than the automatics, so I settled with what I can afford.

This was how it looked like when I got it home, I was so proud of it as it was my first BMW.

I quickly lowered it on H&R and put some 19x8.5/19x10 wheels on it.

I then changed job and start working for WP Pro, where we manufacture and wholesale big brake kits and components, I used this opportunity to work on the car and got the following things done:
    Ground Control coilovers
    WP Pro EVO12 system, 388mm rotors front with 12 pistons calipers, 385mm rear with S6 calipers.
    M-tech OEM bumpers
    Hella OEM Euro spec headlights
    ACS roof spoilers
    I ran M6 rep wheels for a while as they were the only wheels I could find in short notice that clears the brakes, later changed to Hamann HM2s in 19"s.

Then I bought some Varrstoen wheels last year:

As you can see in the photos above, the car's paint finish was far from being nice after years of use, and I had some rust issues that needed to be addressed, so I decided to paint the car in a color I've always liked, Lamborghini Telesto Grey.

After that, the car was converted to 6spd at StanceFactory, and some engine trouble leads me to swap in a much lower mileage and newer engine, this is how the car looks now:

Coming in the following week, a small exterior make over

Yessss Looks real nice!

Comment

I so freakin want your brakes....

Very in <3 with your car.....
      But I think I already said that in another thread?

Curious what you've got in store for us...

P.s. Why you still have the amber sides?
      Last edited by Riskant; 08-31-2011, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Serious!

Comment

This E39 gets the V.Agnar Seal of Approval !!!!

Like the Lambo color
          E36 M3ti TURBO | E46 328i DAILY | E60 535d M-TECH | DODGE RAM - CUMMINS TWIN TURBO

Comment

Looks awesome, love that color. My friend had an '08 Telesto Superleggera, color is even better in real life.

However, I'm not in love with the wheels. Fake/Rep/Real argument aside (doesn't really matter to me), they just don't look right, and I can't stand black wheels. This is just personal opinion, though.

Comment

I have always loved this car.
              Basco

Comment

only thing i don't like is the BLACK WHEELS ! even if they blend in very nicely, i can never like black wheels...
                Otherwise this is superb, lately the forums have been bombarded with nice e39's, can't wait for mine to deserve a place here.

Comment

Love that color!
                  E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
                  E36 M3 Mugello rot
                  GEN2 TUNDRA CM
                  https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

whats with e39s..they are slow,heavy,big,unreliable..
                    LOL BUT I LOVE THEM and this is one of those that are just sleek and smooth

Comment

Welcome Sam!

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

Originally posted by Zack01GC View Post
                        Looks awesome, love that color. My friend had an '08 Telesto Superleggera, color is even better in real life.

However, I'm not in love with the wheels. Fake/Rep/Real argument aside (doesn't really matter to me), they just don't look right, and I can't stand black wheels. This is just personal opinion, though.
                        Originally posted by The Riddler View Post
                        only thing i don't like is the BLACK WHEELS ! even if they blend in very nicely, i can never like black wheels...
                        Otherwise this is superb, lately the forums have been bombarded with nice e39's, can't wait for mine to deserve a place here.
                        I had a theme going on in my head, but its going to take a different turn now, so please see below.

Originally posted by prod0660 View Post
                        whats with e39s..they are slow,heavy,big,unreliable..
                        LOL BUT I LOVE THEM and this is one of those that are just sleek and smooth
                        Mine ain't slow

Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
                        Welcome Sam!
                        You inspire me to just let it loose, I've always want to push the limit on this car to see what it is like, but always took a step back last minute, this time, screw it.

So, the wheels are done, 2pcs forged barrels & centres, 19x10 front, 19x11 rear, new suspension is also coming

Comment

you just washed away all of your sins ! this is going to be something of epic proportions

Comment

Boner !!
                            E36 M3ti TURBO | E46 328i DAILY | E60 535d M-TECH | DODGE RAM - CUMMINS TWIN TURBO

Comment

<3 your car! loved it since i saw it the first time on bimmer forums.

How much were the WP Pro brakes? I want to get some
                              Last edited by X5X; 09-01-2011, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X