Straight outta Germany - Vol 2: E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
    Front bumper is going to the painter next week if I can make it.

As for M-mirrors...

NEVER, EVER will I install M-Mirrors on any car I own. I **** them with a passion. In fact, if I ever were to buy a car with them on, even if it is an M3, I'd straight rip them off and replace them either with the stock blocky mirrors, which fit the shape of the E36 about 1000000000 times better, or with some aftermarket mirrors like the Hartge ones or something.
    Oh man.
    I'm 100% with you here.
    Looking good, just need the little lip, just like on your dads car. Cant wait for the for the car to be done.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by Zic View Post
      Looking good, just need the little lip, just like on your dads car. Cant wait for the for the car to be done.
      Yeah, I was going to install the lip today as well... but the bumper is an aftermarket replica. The lip as well, got the bumper including moldings, the mesh in the center and the lip as a big package, so you'd think stuff would actually fit, right?

The bumper fits absolutely perfect on the car.

The mesh in the bumper didn't really fit. I had to actually plastic-weld it in because it wouldn't stay on, and it came off on one side once it was on the car because I apparently didn't melt enough material on one side, going to re-weld that next time the bumper is off.

The lip didn't fit at all and was even a bit bent. Going to source another one soon, but wheels have priority right now.

Lesson learned, next time I'll buy OEM parts.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Ah okey, at least your getting a lip.

I had some metal mesh on my car, when i bought it. Looked like crap in my opinion. So i bought the oem plastic mesh, and just used some Würth plastic glue, to hold it in place. (same glue, to fix bumpers etc)
        -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Originally posted by e36cruiser View Post
          gunna look saweet, really want a wagon but the girl doesnt like them or hatchbacks...
          Find new girl.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/u...file/

Comment

i'm good thanks.
            E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
            E36 M3 Mugello rot
            GEN2 TUNDRA CM
            https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
              Find new girl.
              +1
              Dr.Ak, what kind of tail lights are those? Are Hella's?
              Any new updates?
              BTW car looks tight.
              Forget about bad roads, forget about speedbumps, go as low as you can, 'cause low is a lifestyle!

Comment

Originally posted by 13tsp View Post
                Dr.Ak, what kind of tail lights are those? Are Hella's?
                MHWs!
                Any new updates?
                Not yet...

BTW car looks tight.
                Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                  MHWs!

Not yet...

Thanks!
                  Thanks mate!
                  Forget about bad roads, forget about speedbumps, go as low as you can, 'cause low is a lifestyle!

Comment

Looks sick man! I'm with you on the M3-mirrors thing btw, IMO they're fugly:P

Comment

Thanks, nice to see someone else sharing the same opinion haha!

Finally got word from the powder coater, can pick up my wheels on monday.

I think a bit more than a week and the wheels will be on, can't wait haha.

Tho, I'm currently looking at a few suspension parts...

I want excentric M3 3.2 strut bearings in the front, because those add more camber when you mount them reversed left to right. And I'm looking at adjustable lower control arms for the rear to add some more camber in the rear to even it out with the front. Might need to add some slight spacers in the rear then... God, I'm retarded, haha.

Comment

What color are you getting the wheels done in?
                        Originally posted by da3bous
                        I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

They'll be silver again, just not the flat silver they are stock, and a bit brighter.

I'm having them done in RAL 9022, light pearl gray.

Comment

<3 wagons and bmws. subbin
                            Originally posted by M.Burroughs
                            I'd have to say this site was founded on building the cars we wanted to build, despite if the rest of the car community liked it or not. This site was founded on freedom of automotive self expression and the passion that goes in to each and every build... This site is about doing what you like, whatever makes you happy, and not caring about what other people think...

Comment

I got my wheels today.

They're not 100% the color I pictured, but i like it anyway.
                              I wanted them a bit more bright and silver / metallic.

I'll coat them with a few layers of Liquid Glass or something similar and that should add some more shine.
                              Last edited by Dr.AK; 03-31-2010, 10:28 AM.

Comment

To be honest, not what i expected either. Tho some layers of clear coat, should make them shiny.

Anyhow, get them mounted! and lower your car.
                                -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Working...
                                X