No announcement yet.

Straight outta Germany - Vol 2: E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car is all done, but it's acting up -> first drive to the gas station and it ran hot again. Seems there's an issue with the cooling system. No clue what as of yet. But I'm absolutely in love with how it looks. Although I'm not entirely satisfied with the skirts as the passenger one doesn't want to stick to the fender... it's not coming off as it's also fixed with a small screw, but there's a small gap at the top... will have to see what I can do about this.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• What a short season this was...

Engine failed. Sounds like a rattling can of nails, probably bearing damage or something. Going to pull it and source a 2.8 and tackle some other things like engine bay re-fresh, rear axle overhaul... I'll keep you posted.

Comment

• Best of luck!

No doubt it'll be back soon and better than ever

Comment

• Yeah, it will be. Probably not soon, but it will be back. I really can't wait to tear into it and bring it up to what I feel it should be... i.e., near new car status. Kind of what Earl is doing with his Compact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
            Yeah, it will be. Probably not soon, but it will be back. I really can't wait to tear into it and bring it up to what I feel it should be... i.e., near new car status. Kind of what Earl is doing with his Compact.
            I cannot wait to see=) It is already in my eyes
            95 318ti & 96 328is

Compact Build Thread

Follow me on instagram: earlmeyeriii

Comment

• drop an m3 engine in , one time! make chicken salad out of chicken shit...lol

Comment

• this is perfect. i would do things for an acs kit on my coupe!! good find sir
                Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

• Thanks guys! Engine will probably be a slightly modded B28...

anyways...

I wanted to start work on it yesterday...

Then I thought I could turn my excentric top hats for even more camber and testfit a rear wheel on the front...

Smart guy that I am, I forgot to brace he strut. The brake disc smacked nicely on my pinky.

Guess that means no wrenching for the next few weeks...

Comment

• Outch! Hope you recover soon.

Stanceworks. Everything else is just traffic!

My Bimmer

Comment

• Well, I guess it's time for probably the last update ever in this thread.
                      Some of you might have already seen this on Facebook or instagram, but here goes:

This is the end. I'm parting out my Touring.

I've had quite a bit of time to think and truthfully, as much as I love the car, it's just time to move on. I've barely driven it 1000kms in the last two years, mostly because I just couldn't get motivated to fix it when it went wrong. I've been craving something older for some time now and it's finally time to make that wish come true.

It's been nearly a decade I've been fooling around with E36s, most of that with this car. I doubt I'll ever have another car that I'll be this attached to. For such a long time the Touring has just been part of my life and there was a long time where I couldn't even imagine life without it.

I've received some very kind words regarding my decision from some of the people in the car scene whose opinion I value the most, from here that's most of all Scott and Earl. To both you and to all the others who have helped me along the way, here's a big thank you! This was not the first car I modified, but it was the one I've poured the most of myself into. It was also the one that helped me forge many new and interesting friendships over the year. I'm very very glad for all the people I've met due to this car.

It feels kind of like a betrayal, like stabbing your best friend in the back. But it's time to move on. I'm not yet sure what my next project will be as my ideas are pretty much all over the map. I know I want something older, something 80ies. I'm looking at older BMWs, E30s, E28s, E23s... but also other cars, a Benz W126 is very high up on my list, a W124 would be cool as well. A VW Mk2 would be pretty rad as well, but also an Opel Manta or Ascona. Or maybe something Japanese, like an imported GX71 Cresta. I'm not in a hurry, when the right car comes a long I'll buy it as a project. And I'll keep Stanceworks updated!

Comment

• You should be proud man, this E36 was like on of the builds which defined what stance works is all about to me personally.

Very excited to see what you build next, a W126 is an amazing car, saw MrLaef's one at RollHard this year and it looked stunning

An 80s Opel would be the tits too!

Comment

• Dr: Ak: i know you're feeling when i sold my first 205... fully loaded and 'tuned'.loved it.... but the rust came to hard and I decided that I wanted the more desire for a GTi version of that same 205. wich is more worth if you ever sell it..
                          (that's now 8years ago btw)

i still hope you think about a e36 M touring

Comment

• sorry bout the bad english btw

Comment

• don't do it, pal! If I could afford it, I would pay you not to!

Comment

• Well, a bunch of parts has been sold already. It kinda feels liberating, haha. Although it's sad to see it go like this, I think I would've had more problems with someone buying the car and doing stuff to it that I wouldnt.

Anyways, I kind of did a buy. I was with a few friends in the Netherlands last sunday, at this event called Mk2 Elite which, you guessed it, is only for Volkswagen's Mk2 platform.

Welllllll... as we were grabbing a bite to eat, I opened up the ebay app on my phone, found one semi-local to me and placed a bid and didn't think much more of it. Didn't expect to win it, really. Imagine my surprise the next day when I got a notification that I won the auction.

So now I'm the more or less proud owner of this:

A '90 Mk2 Golf Moda, with a shitty 1.3l engine, some funky seats and basically nothing else hahaha.
                                Gonna pick it up next week, let's see where this goes... will open up a thread once I've brought it home.

Comment

Working...
                                X