Straight outta Germany - Vol 2: E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autch...

I must say that your Touring is the role model for my Touring.
    Because of the fuel prices, mine is a simple 318Tds, but with some fary powders, it have near of 110bhp, and still can make 5,5l/100km.

Good luck for the cooling system!
    '09 VW Golf MK6 2.0 TDI DSG
    R lookalike

Comment

• Thank you!

Seems that the cooling system was leaky at the radiator flange for some time (I'd been wondering where the wet spots under the car came from lately, but hadn't found anything while checking). I suspect that some air entered the cooling system there and / or it had dripped out enough water to affect cooling (I have to admit I haven't checked it regularly) and caused it to heat up so much, building up pressure all the while until the leaky spot gave away - meaning the flange broke off.

Luckily was able to fix it on the spot - there was still enough of the flange left to push the hose over it again and tighten it securely. For good measure, I used some sealing mass before hand, to ensure it didn't leak again. After some water refilling and bleeding the cooling system, it worked fine on the way home.

Fun fact:

This happed on the way to a spectator spot on the Nürburgring (Adenauer Forst), and as yesterday was easter friday, which in Germany is called "Karfreitag", there was LOTS of activey at the ring, as the german car scene goes nuts on Karfreitag, because for us it's "Carfreitag".

Hundreds of people walkind and driving by us as we had to stop there... I heard one of the passers-by shout out "Woah, dude! It's that Touring from Stanceworks, awesome!"

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Some pics from last month, taken by a friend... always interesting to see other peoples perspectives

Comment

• That's awesome that someone recognised the car! Maybe they'll own up on here sometime?

The car has came a long way and it looks superb right now. Great work.
          E36 M3 EVOLUTION-E36 328i TOURING

Comment

• looks great man!

http://www.mvip.com.au
            clicky^

Comment

• Very sexy

http://www.catuned.com
              sales@catuned.com

Comment

• Love it

Comment

• Want. So. Bad.
                  Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

• Thanks guys!

I haven't updated this thread in a long time... let's recap what's happened then, shall we?

Fitted some GT splitters which looked very dramatic...

But only lasted for ~20 kms until a nasty manhole cover ripped one to pieces.

At the BMW Show in Peine:

Together with k.rischan's Touring:

With another nice E36:

A week after that the car broke down again while at a cruise organized by some guys from e36.de...

Towed back to civilization by a austrian E36 318tds Touring:

Where I was picked up by some friends:

It was the cooling system again, this time the water pump leaked and I lost all my coolant fluid and the car ran hot.

Once I replaced the waterpump and stuff, the car ran fine again:

At another meeting of e36.de users:

Then I was at Maximized 2012 in Belgium together with Shepherd (spot his red Mk3 in the background):

Did a random photoshoot:

IMG_1195 von bochmann.photo auf Flickr

IMG_1199 von bochmann.photo auf Flickr

IMG_1214 von bochmann.photo auf Flickr

IMG_1220 von bochmann.photo auf Flickr

IMG_1228 von bochmann.photo auf Flickr

IMG_1236 von bochmann.photo auf Flickr

Then Shepherd and I visited 'The Meeting', which was held inside the Nürburgring Boulevard:

At a random evening car meet in Hennef, together with Shepherd and G535 (thanks to G535 for the pics)

Getting ready for some maintenance work: oil change and replacing the bearings of the cardan drive shaft:

Looks like it's time to relocate the fuel filter as I already ripped the cover off!

Oil has been changed, bearings are replaced but while underneath the car, I discovered that one of my tires is damaged. My rear passenger 225/35/17 Falken FK452 has a tear in the sidewall and the side wall has bubbled on 1/3 of the sidewall. Front tires are done for as well, completely bald on the inside after 9000kms. Receiving new tires soon, going to be Dunlop SP9000 this time.

Windshield is going to be changed either this or next week because of a big rock chip.

Then it should finally be ready for my small roadtrip to the upcoming Stanceworks UK meet on 5th August... taking the ferry on the 3rd, staying in Canterbury for the night, staying in Stratford-upon-Avon the next night, hitting up the SW meet in Gaydon on the 5th and heading back home in the night... anyone in the area who'd like to meet me or have a look at the car, just PM me!

Last edited by Dr.AK; 07-16-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• awesome build.

love wagons. shame not a huge amount over here in AUS.
                      had to resort to a holden wagon.

Comment

• e36.de has some brutally clean rides, yours included.

Comment

• This Alpina wheels on your car = insta winsauce!
                          No really, your 3 is some clean beauty.

Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
                          Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• Thanks guys!

Got some new tires on the Touring today, I now run Dunlop SP9000. Way better than the Falkens...

Hopefully I'll be able to get my windshield swapped out this week as well.

Comment

• Oh, jealous me. My windshield is scratchy as fuck. But I have other high priorities to do at the moment.
                              Originally posted by getamongst-it

Lower your expectations, you'll be much happier.
                              Oh, and your car too.

Comment

• Hey dude managed to get these when you came stanceworks uk, not the best quality but thought you might like them

Comment

Working...
                                X