Straight outta Germany - Vol 2: E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying this straight from RT:

Just came from the local car workshop, fuckers nearly crashed my car from their alignment rack, spent 3/4 of an hour dicking around because they were too stupid to realize the negative camber is on purpose (they kept saying 'it must be a measuring error with results this extreme') until I explained it to them, then spent 10 minutes trying to get the tie rod loose, which resulted in failure because it was stuck because of rust. Then I saw that the suspension arm bushings are ripped on both sides.

And for that piss, those dipshits wanted 70€ from me. Got into a shouting match with their boss, paid the 70 € because otherwise I wouldn't get my car's paper's back and left like this:

I would've gladly paid them a twenty or so for the ten minutes they actually DID anything, but no, they charged the full hour of fucking around. Dipshits. Choosing a different shop next time I need an alignment.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Sorry to see the damage man
      Really fucks me of when garage workers who are meant to know there way around a car dont understand shit, end of the day its a relatively old car so things are gonna be seized up and necessary precautions need to be taken. But they aren't and things get fucked up and the customer has to pay for it.
      -SW|UK-
      Education - Knowledge - Power
      insta: @stinkinrich

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post

I would've gladly paid them a twenty or so for the ten minutes they actually DID anything, but no, they charged the full hour of fucking around. Dipshits. Choosing a different shop next time I need an alignment.
        I definitely feel you on this one.
        Happened to me with alignment too!
        They dicked around for an hour and all they had to do was adjust the toe.
        Charged me $80
        Fuck that shit.
        Originally posted by mrfobbyaccent
        i'm sorreh AWWPEHH
        | 95 e36 M3-sold POS | 98 e36 M3-track rat RIP ;( | 90 NA Eunos-lookatme car |

Comment

• Changed the tie rods and suspension arm bushings (these http://www.bmw-syndikat.de/bmw-syndi...x/SerieQLL.gif ) today.

Went to an alignment. Front sits fine now, camber is a bit more on the passenger side (-3.17 drivers side, -3.58 passenger side), but this just meshes with something else I found - passenger side tie rod had been replaced already a long time ago. Coupled with some suspicious scars I found under the fender and the bumper and also the weird weld-patch on the old fender, I think it's pretty sure that the car had some kind of damage to the front end once, probably a bit heavier as well... Ah, who cares as long as it drives straight, haha.

Tried to align the rear too, but the bolts were stuck again. Passenger side camber is about 1.7° more negative than the drivers side (-1.45° to -3.11). Will leave it as it is for now, getting some adjustable control arms after I've had my wheels approved...

Comment

• Just a massive re-post of all the pics I've taken in the last few days.

Had the wheels TÜVed.

Comment

• dope!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Fucking great. Nothing left to say, you know what i think of your work car and photography wise.
                Originally posted by Oxer
                I dont know why, but I love your car.. Its OEM cleanness makes me happy in the genitals.

Comment

• If I was going to define a German style modified car, this would be it, executed to a perfection.

Comment

• Thanks guys!

Installed my exhaust yesterday (Soundfile coming up)... what fun! /sarcasm.

Car fell from the lift because the mechanism holding 2 of the arms broke. Luckily it was while lowering the car back down and so not much damage except for some big paint chips on the bottom of the side skirt.

Looked pretty much like this:

Comment

• Noooooooooo, is the car ok?

Comment

• Yeah, luckily just some paint damage to the sideskirt. Not visible from above anyways.

But it was quite a scare!

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc9_OFbq5aQ"]BMW E36 323i Touring AC Schnitzer Auspuff - YouTube[/ame]

Not very loud, but it's got a nice deep rumble in lower rpms (perfect for my automatic). I love how it sounds and looks.

Comment

• Good to hear!

That happen to me at work once pretty shocking moment...

BTW the car looks great, but I'm not sure about the wheels...

Greetings

Comment

• Holy hell the suspension travel.
                              HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA at the dog barking.
                              -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                              Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

• Whooooh. Eff you, coolant system!

Comment

Working...
                                X