Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E28 and wheels chosen - i wonder if they will fit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E28 and wheels chosen - i wonder if they will fit!

Hi everyone! this is only my second post,

here is a photo of my E28 at the moment, which ive fitted nex coilovers and throwing stars

i was inspired by these wheels, and falling in love with a photoshoot of Jeremy Whittle's E28 last year...

...and so i decided to buy a full set on ebay!

My current wheels, the throwing stars, are 17" x 8, and offset 18 and fit really well, i still have space underthe rear arches though for more)

im just trying to work out if they will fit with stretch!?
    2 wheels are 18" 8.5j PCD 5x120 offset 15 center bore 74mm and approx 80mm
    2 wheels are 18" 9.5j PCD5x120 offset 22 center bore 74mm and approx 80mm

Am i dreaming trying to make these fit?

i remember in Rusty's build thread he gets some huge HRE's and everyone thinks they wont fit.

i dont mind having to do some more arch pulling out, ill be respraying it a lighter silver over the next few months

photos of my mini

Sounds like you got the AC wheels I was looking at a couple of weeks ago. I decided that I didn't like the type 2 faces enough though.

Specs look fine to me. 205/35 front, 215/35 rear or something. In fact they look dead easy to fit.

Comment

wicked thanks jorge!!

sorry was you going to get them? im picking them up on the 30th.

i know what you mean abotu the type 2 faces..... i wasnt sure at first after i looked at the type 1's for so long!!!

photos of my mini

Comment

I thought E28s could run in the single figure offsets at around 9J? I might be making this up, but this is what I've been lead to believe.

May be a different set then, there was one set that looked identical on ebay a couple of weeks back I was interested in, no bids at £300 after listing 3 times, but the guy refused to sell them to me for that lol

Comment

Dont change your wheels! i just saw them on the uk stanceworks meet photos :O :O :O
          im going to be painting the e28 again, this time a really light silver i think, i would like it black with black kidney grills like yours for the evil look, but need to do something new!

photos of my mini

Comment

This will be sweet once done. On 18s it should be able to sit lower upfront.

Wheels will bolt on a sit pretty nice. Get some spigots too.

Tyres will need less chunkiness and more stretch.

Originally posted by Geoff.T
            E36 owners. Take note on how its done from the Mexican or see main page.
            MexicanFabEFFSIXTWO
            Instagram:MexicanFab
            YouTube Vlog. Go watch!

Comment

thanks mexican!

i have spiggots ready, very excited now! and lower up front would be fantastic, but my sump is only a couple of inches offf the floor, higher than it used to, its now all dented upwards! maybe i should start making a sump guard this week

photos of my mini

Comment

Im just looking at what tyres to choose for the stretch,

i guess ill know more when i get the wheels and try them on, but at the moment from what ive read on here im thinking :

im undecided on whether a 215 40 18, or a 225 40 18 is best on the 9.5" rears, i cant decide if a 215 is silly stretch!!

undecided on what to use on the front, to try avoid the dreaded e28 arch rub

photos of my mini

Comment

It's all about try and error in the stance game i find,215s would look sweet on them rims tho depends what look you going for i guess.
                  Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

Sorry to bust your balls, but those offsets are to high for a 5-series.

example;

i know those wheels are 17x9 et06 and 17x10 et19. Dont know if he has spacers on, on those pictures.

same car different setup;

those wheels are 17x10 et-1 after spacers.
                    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

I really love the car, and the low.
                      I wish i could own an e28
                      -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Hey zic, are you sure they're 17s in those photos i thought they were 18s?

You have got me thinking now that they won't fit! Then again, it's a challenge!!!

-edit - just seen the page those images are from yeah your right, they are 17's! maybe its impossible to fit these 18's
                        Last edited by jamesfawcett; 08-23-2011, 03:44 AM.

photos of my mini

Comment

i know 100% sure that the ACs are 17, because that model was only made in 17's.
                          also the second set, the owner said himself that they are 17s.
                          -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

thank you zic!!

ok, im tempted to still go for this and try to make the 18's fit, im not afraid of fabrication and who knows where it will end up! my main concern is the offset of the rear 9.5" wheels (22) which might not clear the rear arch even after pulling them out more, but i could always get some of the rear of the wheel machined off i suppose!

what i really don't want to end up with is rubber band looking tyres on oversize wheels! but i do want to end up with full looking arches.

am i right in thinking that these are 18's?

also these are 18's on an E28:

This is another photo of my current setup:

photos of my mini

Comment

the rears should be no problem at all.
                              The ones on the rusted are 18x8.5 et13.

but the ting i cant understand that the offsets you listed are are a 9.5et22 and 8.5et15.
                              it should be at no problem at all, because the wheels will only be 6mm longer out, then the fronts.

they should sit very closely to the rusted car, only 4mm more poke. (if he does not have spacers)
                              -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Working...
                              X