Another E30 in SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another E30 in SD

So the day after my tire blows... my new wheels get here all the way from Latvia!!
    Tossed them on quick before work just to get an idea of how awesome it is going to be!

My son in the picture is an up and coming stance member!

DSC06737

DSC06736

DSC06735

the stats for the rims are:

Front: 16x8,5 ET24 57,1 4x100
    Rear: 16x9,0 ET18 57,1 4x100

I have bilstein sport and H&R springs. Thinking of running 205/40 front and 215/40 rear. any opinions? This is my first build thread and my first mod for the car after 3 years of mostly being gone thanks to the Navy. Now I am on shore duty so I am going to get hot and heavy on it!

i really hope you didn't have your child that close to a car without jackstands under it....

either way, you will need more than just springs to pull off that wheel/tire combo. not to mention i believe most e30 guys use 45 series tires on 16's.

Comment

I would never put my child in danger like that.

Anyways I pulled the trigger and dropped the car off at the shop and ordered the ground control coilovers and plan on running 15mm spacers all around. will post pictures when i get it back!

Comment

Finally got to pick up my baby today! GC coilovers look and feel amazing. Much love to the guys at DTM.

Still need to go lower in front but I already pulled the front lip off once backing into my driveway.

DSC06890

DSC06888

The rear is tight. Cant get a finger between tire and body.

DSC06886

Crazy kid getting his grubby hands all over the car! He loved it though. Kept poking the wheels and oohhhing.

DSC06889

Pictures are not quality I know. I am still saving for a real camera and photoshop. Thanks for looking!

Comment

Nice E30!
          Baby Six!

Comment

Finally have an update for my baby. I was lucky enough to get a lukebox from GAS. It sounds amazing. So here are a couple quick pictures of my first stereo install.

I cut out the metal where the ski pass hole is. Kept the wires from the previous owner.
            IMG_1804

IMG_1805

Pushed the box right up to the backseat.
            IMG_1810

Then found a thread about porting your backseat so i decided to give it a try.
            IMG_1807

Messed up the bottom hole, but the top is ok. Not bad for a first timer I think.
            IMG_1808

Installed.
            IMG_1812

My not so good 5 channel Eclipse Amp. Waiting for it to go bad so I can get a new one.
            IMG_1817

My home made Ipod Dock.
            IMG_1708

I love the Polk Audio db 10" sub. The whole thing sounds super clean and my favorite part is... NO TRUNK RATTLE!!! But it does rattle your teeth. So any E30 guys or girls out there that are looking for a top quality box and a good price check out GAS.

Comment

Lookin' good man!

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Working...
              X