Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1994 Civic Hatch Project - clean, simple, stanced - (no purple JDM towhooks here)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G535 View Post
    Damn your civic looks mad clean! Great job on the paint, i know all the prep work is a pain in the ass

Didnt feel like colormatching the new wing?
    I was going to at first, but I kinda had a feeling I wasn't gonna be too excited on the wing. Of course I had this realization after I already ordered it

One reason for painting it black was to test it out for a few days basically. If i decide I like it, I'll colormatch it. If I decide to trade/sell it, then it's already freshly painted for the new owner. Plus, I think it'd be easier to trade/sell a fresh black wing rather than a dark red one you know?

Another reason is because I have a few other things to paint, so I want to be set on which wing I run. I'm building a single speed road bike right now which I will be spraying the same color and I need to respray the hatch area where I shaved the rear emblem because my shirt rubbed up against it when the paint was still wet and fucked it up

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

that wing looks gorgeous!
      this build is full of winning.

definantly watching this.
      Volkswagen Jetta, MKiii (Daily)
      BMW 320i, E21 (FOR SALE)

Comment

Originally posted by Chase Otter(: View Post
        that wing looks gorgeous!
        this build is full of winning.

definantly watching this.
        Thanks dude, I decided to keep the wing. I think my car is pretty much done for the most part though, I just have a few more things to sort out. I still need to get the windows tinted, and I want to paint the front bumper grills black again. I'm kinda ready to start a new project now and keep my Civic as my daily.

My new plan is to buy a BMW 2002 pretty soon, and work on that as a project. I would also consider an E30, but I think I'm pretty set on an '02. Specifically one between the years of '69-'71 for the single carb and round tail lights. Stance and paint being my main focus. Of course this is all just a projection, but I really just want a bagged and stanced '02

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Very cool! I'm digging the OEM+ look you have going on.
          2002 Fort Knox Gold Ford Focus.
          LoFurbish. www.lofurbish.com
          Build Thread
          My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Gold View Post
            Very cool! I'm digging the OEM+ look you have going on.
            Thanks, I'm not into the highly accessorized Honda look. I've always been a clean and simple modifier as it is. My old TDI had the OEM+ look going on as well:

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
              I could see that, but with the one I have in mind, I can't see it affecting it too much. There seems to be two different styles of duckbills; a really steep one and a really mellow one. I would totally go for the mellow one, the really steep ones look ridiculous to me. I could see the steep one affecting MPG's for sure. If they do, I can't even imagine how much drag those dumb BYS spoilers create. Thanks for bringing that up though, that's something to take into consideration.

damn, sorry to hear that dude. You'll get there. I haven't even touched my engine yet (except for when I changed the clutch) so I could pretty much instantly focus on aesthetics. I'd like to follow your work on your Honda, if you ever make a build thread, send it my way!

Thanks! I'm trying to keep it updated as much as possible. I'm working on it more today so I should have some updates by tonight.
              Ill be making a build thread soon enough...engine runs great just the car itself is falling apart...ill get there after I pay off my build debt lol

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by blowntwofive View Post
                FYI they did make a civic type r its called the civic si-r
                FYI Honda started making the Type-R in 1997. The SiR and Type-R are two totally different cars. The SiR was made from 1990-1995

Anyways.. How did the peel and seal work for you? I used it on the trunk of my Accord for my stereo and it did wonders. I like the sleeping bag idea too. I would have never thought of that

Comment

Originally posted by doug118 View Post
                  FYI Honda started making the Type-R in 1997. The SiR and Type-R are two totally different cars. The SiR was made from 1990-1995

Anyways.. How did the peel and seal work for you? I used it on the trunk of my Accord for my stereo and it did wonders. I like the sleeping bag idea too. I would have never thought of that
                  Peel and Seal worked pretty damn good. It's a noticeable difference for sure. The sleeping bag idea kinda came spontaneously. When I had everything taken apart, I noticed that there was so much empty space in those quarter panels, and it seemed like a lot of road noise could really be amplified by it. Similar to how a subwoofer would work in a box. I might be completely wrong, but it just seemed to make sense at the time. I was thinking about what I could use to fill those up, maybe like blankets or something, and I thought that sleeping bags would probably work good. Luckily, my dad had some old sleeping bags that he never used anymore, so he donated them to the cause haha. It worked though!

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Very smart thinking. Peel and seal on the sheetmetal would have done the same thing but the sleeping bags were obviously free. Personally I'd check those sleeping bags for moisture and mold every once in a while though, and at some point replace them with some peel and seal, unless there is absolutely no moisture buildup on those sleeping bags

Comment

There is a little bit of peel and seal on the sheet metal, I was just pretty limited so I couldn't completely cover them. I will check them for moisture occasionally though.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

hey dude love your ride, really want a civic hatch. jw how much did you pay for it? super clean good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Art[of]Fitment View Post
                          hey dude love your ride, really want a civic hatch. jw how much did you pay for it? super clean good work.
                          Thanks man, I love my hatch. It's been so good to me, hasn't given me any problems at all. I spent $3000 on it, and it was worth every penny. Since then, I've invested another $2000-2500 to get it where it is today.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

Paint

Your civic is badass! I am buying a 94 hatch and I was wondering where you bought you paint and what type of wheels you have? thanks man most badass hatch ive seen

Comment

Probably the cleanest daily EG i've ever seen. You really make me want to try body work on mine because it just looks incredible. Great work!
                              Instagram @emcsquared90
                              Impala SS build "Lowering the Daily"

Comment

Great work! Im also sad to see the teal go but also glad that the paint turned out pretty damn good! I need to work up some courage and try painting my wagon!
                                Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

Working...
                                X