My Mk4 Variant build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mk4 Variant build

So i bought myself a new car, got kind of sick rolling in my Passat Mk1 with basically no springs after a few months.. also i bought a dog so i had to get some space for her aswell in the back

So since i work @ a VW-dealer i had to get a VW. And i've always liked the look of Mk4 Variants.
    Called on a few adds but all of them were either sold or in very poor condition..
    But then i found one at the same company i work for but in another city, which i got a good deal on since i work there.. said and done i bought it the same day.

How it looked when i picked it up:

I ordered coilovers right away and began looking for wheels..
    I wanted to find a set relativley fast cause there is a big meet in sweden the 27th of august, which i wanted to be ready for with my new car.
    Thought a while about getting a set of AMG-rims, but had no luck in searching for them.
    Then i found a set of Rays Volk Racing 3-piece split(17x8 & 17x9 with 215/40 front and back), that seemed perfect for my car, and had tires and spacers included for a good price. So i picked them up a few days later.
    I bought them painted like that, and i'm going to have the centers repainted during the winter, and polish the lips. I'm not 100% sure about the paint at the moment, but they work fine for now i think(?).

Mounted them the same day, still without coilovers though so massive wheel-gap!:

I have also mounted a V6-4motion front-spoiler:

Tonight i'm going to mount the coilovers.. not sure how the backwheels will sit, so i might order a set of thicker spacers to get some more poke. I might also order new tires for more stretch for both the front and the back.
    I have also ordered a new front grill and new vw-badges that i'm going to have painted black this weekend.

Plans for the future is:
    Painting the roof and side-mirrors black.
    Tinting the headlights in a darkish grey, and the taillamps in a darker red.
    Change the color of the roof-lining(not sure yet which fabric/color).
    Get new seats(Probably R32 leather-seats in black).
    I guess more sets of wheels aswell.
    And maybe in the future go for an air-ride kit.

That's all for now, updates will follow as soon as something happens!
    (Btw other than the Passat i used to own, this is the first time i work with cars, so I'm learning as i go along).

Not sure about those wheels, usually I **** 3-spoke designs, but those don't look too bad... maybe it's the colourscheme

Hopefully you'll get the Golf dropped enough. My brother had problems dropping his MKIV to zero wheelgap on 17s with 205/40.
    Coils all down, he still had a good amount of wheelgap...

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherd View Post
      Not sure about those wheels, usually I **** 3-spoke designs, but those don't look too bad... maybe it's the colourscheme

Hopefully you'll get the Golf dropped enough. My brother had problems dropping his MKIV to zero wheelgap on 17s with 205/40.
      Coils all down, he still had a good amount of wheelgap...
      Yeah i know, dropping mk4's with 17's seems like a hard task.
      But hopefully i get it down long enough to atleast look decent for the time being.
      I will see when i get it dropped if i need 18's or not. If i do, well i just have to buy a set

And about the wheels, i kind of agree. I was not sure about them when i saw the ad, but when i mounted them on the car they dont look half-bad actually. They are growing on me
      Thanks for the feedback

Comment

Not sure about the racelands. I dislike them with a passion and they are terrible, no offense. Go with some with better quality pls.
        Hella4 | MTechnica Wheels - Wheel Designer | Memoryfab

Comment

definitely puked at the amount of wheel gap
          1999 Slammed W202 - RIP
          1962 Ford Ranchero - Olivia (Current Project)

if i wanted to be unoriginal, i'd own a BMW.

Comment

Originally posted by Clun9 View Post
            Not sure about the racelands. I dislike them with a passion and they are terrible, no offense. Go with some with better quality pls.
            Yeah i understand where you are coming from. But i just wanted some coils fast and for a good price, to run with until winter. So these had to do the job
            Will probably change to some better ones after the winter.

Update: The car is now lowered on coils, pictures will come tonight!
            I am quite happy with the result, even though i will take it down even further when the coils have settled some more.

Comment

Originally posted by fromthelbc View Post
              definitely puked at the amount of wheel gap
              haha i did aswell, but that problem is now solved

Comment

Originally posted by F1NN3 View Post
                haha i did aswell, but that problem is now solved
                This requires a picture!

I kinda dig those wheels!

Comment

Okay heres some pictures of the wagon closer to earth
                  I know the back has to come down more but i will sort that out next week, also try and get the front down some more:

I think it turned out great with these wheels and the lows, but i do want moar lows, and will handle that next week!
                  For now i will just drive around at this height and let the coils settle some more.

Comment

Not even one comment after those pics?

Comment

Not my first choice in colours but will look sweet when you get it down some

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                        Not my first choice in colours but will look sweet when you get it down some
                        Yeah i know, isn't my first choice in colours either but atleast they sit right on the car

Comment

New setup for this year, and more lows(more lows coming soon though).
                          Wheels are OZ Breyton's, 17x8 and 17x9,5, ET with spacers: 12½ fronts, and 19 rears.
                          195/40 up front, and 205/40 in the rear.
                          Piano-gloss black centres, and texture-black lips.
                          Using it daily and loving it!

Excuse the dirty car :P

Comment

new wheels are nice
                            Counter Kultur.com

Comment

now we're talking lol

new wheels look sweet!

Comment

Working...
                              X