Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EFin stressful, but still my favorite car!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DestroyTheScene View Post
    WHAT TYPE OF RIMS DO YOU HAVE ON HERE THESE ARE FUCKING GORGEOUS!

Diamond Racing Wheels
    My 2012 Fit sport build
    My EF sedan build
    LowMonroe:

Comment

• looks awesome dude, what sort of material/fabric do you use for the shift boots/headliner/door trims?

i wouldnt mind doing some of my stuff soon, and getting a shift boot made up

Comment

• Originally posted by Lukey View Post
        looks awesome dude, what sort of material/fabric do you use for the shift boots/headliner/door trims?

i wouldnt mind doing some of my stuff soon, and getting a shift boot made up
        cotton twill is what I mostly use for shift boots if I'm doing color or some design.
        I use suede if they ask.

I used suede to wrap my door panel cards and suede to wrap my center console arm rest.

My shift boot and headliner are both what they call "duck cotton" or "cotton duck"
        just a type of fabric.

But I got duck cotton with a toile print and wrapped my headliner.. and I used the same fabric to do my shift boot.

Everything else is suede.

CELL PHONE PICS

Last edited by slowstefan; 05-16-2012, 05:29 PM.
        My 2012 Fit sport build
        My EF sedan build
        LowMonroe:

Comment

• A little update.

Old oil pan was done for almost. so scraped up and dented in.

Had a spare... and did this! Skid plate!! woo.

Welded and painted. (welds aren't pretty but they are solid.)

My 2012 Fit sport build
          My EF sedan build
          LowMonroe:

Comment

• Also.. My old steering wheel got screwed up.
            So I bought this to hold me over til I get a Grip Royal

14in wood grain. Nardi rep.

My 2012 Fit sport build
            My EF sedan build
            LowMonroe:

Comment

• Amazing. How many miles on it?

My mom had an '84 and I actually cried when she sold it at 65k miles
              4 Cars, 0 Cupholders

Comment

• I've been wanting a woodgrain wheel in my car, but I'm not sure how I feel about losing my airbag.... either way I love your car! I've seen so many clean EFs lately it's insane.
                2002 Fort Knox Gold Ford Focus.
                LoFurbish. www.lofurbish.com
                Build Thread
                My Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by hi its me alec View Post
                  Amazing. How many miles on it?

My mom had an '84 and I actually cried when she sold it at 65k miles
                  thank you, sir!!
                  The car has over 200k
                  but the engine has under 100k maybe around 88k

Originally posted by Granny Gold View Post
                  I've been wanting a woodgrain wheel in my car, but I'm not sure how I feel about losing my airbag.... either way I love your car! I've seen so many clean EFs lately it's insane.
                  My car didn't come with an airbag lol
                  So it's alllll good for me. I wear my seat belt so I shouldn't have to hit an airbag if one existed.
                  I was in a wreck back in 06 and my airbag deployed but didn't even touch me besides my arm that was holding onto the wheels till.. my seatbelt held me in my seat very well.
                  My 2012 Fit sport build
                  My EF sedan build
                  LowMonroe:

Comment

• I know I will get ***** on for this but... Oh Well.

I've been thinking about getting the Rota Shakotan for a few reasons

1) I love the hayashi streets and these are a quick and easy route to some good looking wheels I've always loved. Regardless of the name behind them. I've seen them on a few cars and they look awesome.

2) I don't want to have $2k wheels on a car that I daily and park outside/sometimes on the street.

3) I don't want to worry about my wheels getting stolen if I spend nearly $2k (price of wheels I was going to get)

If I had a garage I would get some legit wheels but for now I can't do that. With my current financial state(which isn't bad or anything... just not able to spend a lot on wheels 1k at most for a full set is what I'm looking at right now. I found the shakotans in the 600s with out tires 15x8 0et all the way around. Small spacer in the rear. and bam! My car is more of the "old school" so these wheels fit the bill! I've been searching the webzzz for the past week trying to find a wheel I really like and I found the enkei apache 2 but for a 4x100 lug pattern they only come in +25 et which I do not want that weak of an offset ]:

any opinions?

FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THE ROTA VERSIONS(honestly they look awesome to me)
                    Last edited by slowstefan; 05-28-2012, 02:47 PM.
                    My 2012 Fit sport build
                    My EF sedan build
                    LowMonroe:

Comment

• Originally posted by slowstefan View Post
                      I know I will get ***** on for this but... Oh Well.

I've been thinking about getting the Rota Shakotan for a few reasons

1) I love the hayashi streets and these are a quick and easy route to some good looking wheels I've always loved. Regardless of the name behind them. I've seen them on a few cars and they look awesome.

2) I don't want to have $2k wheels on a car that I daily and park outside/sometimes on the street.

3) I don't want to worry about my wheels getting stolen if I spend nearly $2k (price of wheels I was going to get)

If I had a garage I would get some legit wheels but for now I can't do that. With my current financial state(which isn't bad or anything... just not able to spend a lot on wheels 1k at most for a full set is what I'm looking at right now. I found the shakotans in the 600s with out tires 15x8 0et all the way around. Small spacer in the rear. and bam! My car is more of the "old school" so these wheels fit the bill! I've been searching the webzzz for the past week trying to find a wheel I really like and I found the enkei apache 2 but for a 4x100 lug pattern they only come in +25 et which I do not want that weak of an offset ]:

any opinions?
                      My opinion? Stop justifying your decisions when it comes to your car. All those reasons sound legitimate to me. They're priced right, look good, and will look nice on the car. If you fuck up a wheel, buy another one.
                      91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

• Screw the real/fake wheel debate.. If it looks good and cost efficient buy them. I want legit wheels, but unless I have reasonable doubt I can protect them then, fake splits it is lol

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• It's funny, when I decided that I was going to buy cheaper wheels for my build (Diamond Racing Steelies), I felt the need to justify my decision on StanceWorks as well. Mainly because a lot of members on here are very quick to make negative comments on anything that isn't a "legit rare 3-piece wheel", and try to make you feel stupid about your car as a whole. I've seen way too many comments of people being total dicks about a person's wheel choice and it actually pisses me off haha it just ruins all the fun for me. I think those Rota's look awesome, and I support your decision

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• I like the hayashi streets and (dare I say this) the rota knock offs and I think they would look great on this, like you said you park it outside so I would get the rota's so you don't have to lay awake at night worrying about if they'll still be there in the morning.
                            The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
                            Originally posted by Dubway5887
                            I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

• Originally posted by projecthoarder View Post
                              I like the hayashi streets and (dare I say this) the rota knock offs and I think they would look great on this, like you said you park it outside so I would get the rota's so you don't have to lay awake at night worrying about if they'll still be there in the morning.
                              I'm quoting you and quoting everyone else as I do this who has responded. I appreciate it for real. I was looking into getting the Image LM4s go to the image wheel site and check em out they are 1500 before shipping from the U.K.... I really want em. I will get them eventually!
                              but for now... I will probably get the Rotas. StanceWorks definitely has some whole hearted people who understand where I'm coming from.
                              My 2012 Fit sport build
                              My EF sedan build
                              LowMonroe:

Comment

• You whore. I want those wheels for my sedan!!
                                Originally posted by milano_red
                                I haven't seen very many bagged accords. So my first assumption was static
                                Instagram: Dsfaxon

Comment

Working...
                                X