No announcement yet.

332is Progression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aw that sucks tho, you can donate those shocks to me!
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
      I do however have an air setup for the front waiting to be installed, so that'll be cool.

look at all that room in the bay of the e36...know what this means? shaven....
      Originally posted by Kielan
      I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

more!
        IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Rear subframe reinforcement plates are welded in, and all the M stuff is transferred over! Also threw my TMS adjustable control arms in.

FINALLY some reassembly happening.

Now I just have to save a bit longer(Christmas isn't helping) to buy all the little stuff I still need, and I can really start toward ACTUALLY driving this thing again.

Comment

Atta boy

Comment

Wooooo just another year now!
              I dislike Byron.

Comment

2 max! In all seriousness, I miss driving it so damn much. Im realistically hoping to have it running within the next 3 months. Gotta get it SMOG'd so I can take it off Non-Op, which will be a mission in itself.

Comment

Suppose I should update this. STILL no stance(Broadways are sitting in their box at SeanDubs house), but tons of parts were ordered. Almost all replacement parts since everything is FAR easier to change out with the motor and trans on a pallet. Got a Mishimoto aluminum radiator though, so I wont have to worry about replacing that in 2 years like a stock plastic one.

I finally split the motor and transmission to replace the clutch and flywheel. I'm excited to see how the 11.5lb UUC flywheel compares to the fucking anchor of a stock flywheel. Here's a picture in the middle of the process.

Then I thought UUC sent me the wrong pressure plate(ordered 2.5 years ago), but after some forum reading, I realized the M5 clutch disc is supposed to be mounted backwards to fit.

Back together with the trans cleaned up a bit. Also installed the Bimmerworld coolant pipe adapter(not pictured) which was an amazingly nice part. Couldn't have fit better.

Swapping over the OBD1 valve cover, I got to take a peek at the Schrick cams. Well, one of them anyway.

After swapping over more of the OBD1 sensors and random little bits from the M50, the motor went in to its new home!!

Then I made this nifty(yes, I said nifty) 3 in one picture showing the ebay long tubes in, steering reconnected, and the shifter installed.

And that pretty much brings us up to today. Didn't get any further on the motor because I had to order new knock sensors. The old ones were cracked and crumbling. Can't see the difference can you? Oh...right.

Progress is good!!

And now for the reasons I haven't gotten further. My wife and I adopted this 6 month old puppy advertised as fully potty trained! Ya, she wasn't even close to potty trained, but oh well.

And the other distraction.

Hopefully updating this again very soon.

Comment

Nice sir! I am down to help bud!
                    IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                      Nice sir! I am down to help bud!
                      Sweet! I'll let you know next time I'm going to be working on it. Got quite a busy weekend coming up unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by B Rod View Post
                        Sweet! I'll let you know next time I'm going to be working on it. Got quite a busy weekend coming up unfortunately.
                        all good keep me posted any time I am usually free......
                        IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Yeah buddy!

Comment

Good work on the startup! So, only another year and a half before it gets on the road, right?

Comment

Originally posted by speakerboy View Post
                              Good work on the startup! So, only another year and a half before it gets on the road, right?
                              Lets not keep our expectations too high here. Haha

Comment

Holy hell this is a slow build, remember posting here a year ago
                                But slow and steady is better than no progress at all.
                                -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                                Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Working...
                                X