I Like Exclusive: V. 2.0 Fairlady Z content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved!

“ Driving down the road becomes a masterfully balanced ballet of dodging, looking ahead, and saying “oh shit.” "

- Mike Burroughs, Stanceworks

Comment

Lots of updates this past weekend. Like a finished car. Still going to be messing a bit with the wiring harness, and some small tweaking in the coming weeks, but the car is done and driving.

finished the suspension adjustments, got the motor all buttoned up and tuned (more tonight and tomorrow making adjustments) but it will be scraping long island streets very shortly

keeping this one brief... lets let the temporary pics i took last night do the talking

also picked up another set of bbs RS this weekend. this time the illusive RS212. 17x8.5 et13 whatever bolt pattern desired. going to be refurbished by me and up for sale shortly.
      sigpic
      1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
      1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

love it!!!

Comment

So amazing.
          -Rob
          Wagon MOB
          UsVersusThem
          AWDfitted

Comment

Thanks everyone.

a few updates to share.

#1- SHE RUNS!!!

got the car running about 10 days ago on a sunday night. found a small fuel leak out of one of the welds in the modified fuel rail. so we re tigged it, I put it all back together, and guess what.... it still leaked. haha

so i bought a brand new billet aluminum fuel rail, new fragola fittings for it, made the crossover tube from rail to rail, and test fit. all fits beautifully.

so then comes the hard part. i have basically new old style injectors in the car. the aftermarket billet fuel rails arent compatible with old style pintle cap injectors. so... bought a brand new set of new style injectors, new injector caps, soldered the new injector caps to my harness, and installed. success.

well sort of. one of the grounds was loose so the car wouldnt turn on. just would crank but not turn on. so checked all of the connections, scratched my head a few times, drank a few beers, then called it a night.

next day at work decided it had to be a ground, came home, regrounded the fuel rail, and voila.. she instantly roared to life.

at this point all that is left:

-install wideband A/F gauge so i can adjust my fueling
            -tune car, mostly fueling adjustments
            -make some more suspension adjustments (this never ends)
            -swap out throttle body linkages, as the one i have on there seems to be sticking, and the one i had on there was perfect, so swapping them back.
            -pull the valve cover on the far passenger side and re seal it, as it is leaking ever so slightly.

pics to come in a few hours, possibly tomorrow. for now one or two of the installed fuel rail

sigpic

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

Comment

alright, so I havent updated this thread in about 2 months, because many things have been happening.. I have been finishing up the z to a level that i was happy with for the rest of this show season (namely Canbeat First Class Fitment) among a few other ventures.

I started a company called spinFAB a few months ago, and made a little bit of progress on the blog for it.

the company is primarily design/fabrication based. I have been designing parts for years, and now am able to put some of the designs to the market. I will be doing a new product every couple of months, putting out a small batch of the products, and then moving forward to the next design. keeps exclusivity among the products, and allows for some of these ideas to come to reality. the first design which i just finished the production run of is a design for bbs rs conical caps.

they fit almost every aftermarket bbs wheel, made of cnc billet aluminum, fit all standard 70mm bbs logos, and thread just like the stock hex caps... only a hell of a lot nicer to look at when in conjunction with slant lips.

pm or go to the site for info..

Also finished quite a few sets of bbs rs in a short time for people, one in particular, a one off 18" set that we designed and funded parts for. quite a bit of planning and work went into this set, but in the end it was well worth it.

and then back to the pride and joy. the Fairlady Z.

Got the tuning issues mostly sorted out, and started reassembling the car, making adjustments, tweaking the stance until i was pretty happy with the outcome. then got in and drove it for 2.5 hours each way to New Jersey last weekend for Canibeat FCF.

here are a few pics I took of her at the show..

AND then... the big news came. I wound up winning the most prestigious award of the show, Best Fitment!

huge honor, i was so happy i couldnt even speak. very proud of the build so far, and proud to accept this show trophy, which is really dope i might add. lots more to come.. you will see
              Last edited by 1badg35; 10-31-2011, 11:08 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I have a quick question. Beautiful car and build, but why wouldn't you shave all the holes in the core support? Is that a thought in the future? I figure it just smooths out the whole bay. Like I said lots of respect for the work you have put into the car!

Comment

Focking awesome Congrats on the award!

Comment

My favorite car at first class fitment
                    @sd262 - instagram

Comment

I'm seriously absolutely speechless. This car is seriously the nicest 300 I have ever seen. My GF owned 2 so I sort of know what you went through for all of this. Gotta say.. Absolutely perfect car
                      Photo:Konky Photography

Comment

Dude, I've never been a huge fan of Asian cars, but yours is just unbelievable. The simplicity of your approach appeals greatly to the designer in me--I'm studying graphic design currently, but I considering a more industrial application of that in my future. Your Z is a great inspiration for the approach I want to take on my MG. Please keep up the great work!
                        -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
                        -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
                        -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
                        -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Un Believable the detail that is in this. it has given me ideas for when i get my S10 ! im loving Cleaned bays alot more.

Cant wait to see any update one this

Comment

In F*cking Credible car !! insane.. but can you drive with that kind of fitment?

Comment

Congrats Vincent. Well deserved on a great build!
                              Yuya Sano
                              VIP Modular Wheels
                              USA Headquarters
                              10372 Trask Ave Unit A & F
                              Garden Grove, CA 92843
                              o: 866.613.1983
                              f: 949.335.5602
                              www.vipmodular.com

Comment

thanks everyone. I really appreciate it! Huge things happening lately, and i am very happy with the approach the car has been taking. finally fitting my design philosophy of simplicity, but pushing the boundaries on many fronts.

to answer some of the more specific questions, I originally had a radiator air guide that was going over the radiator support. but since i decided after finishing the bay that i was not going to be using it, i am probably going to weld all of the holes shut on the rad support when i remove the battery tray. the battery tray was another decision i decided to change after finishing everything up. I relocated dual batteries to the trunk under the false floor, so the battery tray will now be coming out. I went back and forth while doing the bay work 100x whether or not to remove the tray, and then when it was complete, i knew i made the wrong decision. Luckily, it is not too bad of a job, and i will be chopping it out and welding some more really soon. both will be happening when the car goes under the knife this winter.

and yes, the car is drivable with this fitment and height. Trust me it took a ton of time to get it to be... and it is like 90% there. still needs a bit more as it does rub a bit at the current time.. but I have only a few more tweaks to make it daily drivable. It literally needs another mm to make it not rub at all. Not that this car will ever be a daily driver, but it would be nice to know it has the ability to seem like it could be. haha
                                Last edited by 1badg35; 10-18-2011, 06:00 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X