How we do it in MWPA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How we do it in MWPA

Mid-West PA.. Hello everyone. This build is already almost a year in the making, but things came up and the project was put off, and off, and off.
    I bought this car I wanna say almost 2 years ago. Completely stock with 69k miles.

I drove it like this for less than a week. I bought some cheap coils and went "lower".

So this build all started when my 05 GTI was just sitting in my driveway one morning and some ol lady didn't see it and backed into it with her Suburban.. Leaving this..

I had class the next morning so I sat in my driveway and bent my fender so I could drive it.

So... After all that. I got a check, which I spent on all the wrong things..
    To start the bad ideas, I bought a set of AMG Aero II's that I thought would look awesome on a stock car with the fenders rolled.. I never got around to putting them on, so I sold them to buy these

Audi Flat Fives.. thought i had the perfect stance at this point.. Bad decisions made here, I bought new tires for them right after I bought the wheels. I was planning on painting them to match the car but again, never got around to painting them and I ended up selling the tires... I had the car on steelies for a while and it just sat around gathering dust and giving me more time to get some ideas.. It was sent into storage for just under a year..
    I bought some more OEM parts and started gathering some used parts as well..

All of that brings us to a few days ago, June 19th 2011.. The GTI gets driven out of storage to get finished for THIS WEEKEND.. So I have tons of work to do in less than 5 days. I bought these a while back and I've decided to put them on my car.

The work begins..

The bolts and barrels are being painted black right now. My phone is dead, I will upload more pics tomorrow. Oh and bags are for groceries.
    How she sits as of the 22nd.
    I own an Eastwood roller, Western PA area, but will travel for $$

golf IV + audi flat fives is win imo

new wheels look awesome too
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Im in for a static VW.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

looks good on the audi wheels.

look forward to seeing some more progress

Comment

new wheels should look awesome
          Counter Kultur.com

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
            golf IV + audi flat fives is win imo

with the correct tyre size. other way it looks if it was "just more one mk4"

in these case I like the result, and the new wheels are awesome too!

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=16940&page=7

Comment

The bolts and barrels are painted, they are currently sitting outside in the sunlight to cure.

Some body work has begun on the car too.

- Shaved hatch
              - Shaved fender markers
              - Filled hood notch
              - Mild Boser (possibly)
              - Half Cups
              I still have to fix the used R32 skirts I bought and scuff the front and rear 20th valences I bought as well. As I said before there is alot of work to be done.

Comment

nice start and thos wheels are kick ass,

cant wait to see more

Comment

This is gonna be amazing.

"Everything has potential."

Comment

Door is being straightened today, and the half cups are taking shape. Fenders will be put off until the wheels go on the car to see how much pull is needed. 17x8.5 in the front and 17x10 in the rear, 1.5" lips all around.

Comment

So, my car didn't get finished. No Excuses. It will be done for this coming weekend.. I have to get the wheels put together and the tires mounted to get the car moving again.

Faces are color matched to the car

Comment

Great progress! Love what you did to the door recesses, but why colormatch wheels to a silver car? Of course it never looks wrong but that light grey on the flat fives for example would've been a nice color too..
                        slamburglars.com

Comment

I thought it would be too many different colors since they are going to have black bolts and polished lips.. More pics should be on later today of assembled wheels.

Comment

I'm bringing this back from the dead.. I got caught up with work and didn't have time to work on it, and i spent too much money on this..

. I've sold my 20th valances and I'm now going with the OEM GTI valances with 20th skirts. I dig it honestly. Kicked around the idea of going to air, but finally made the decision not to. STATIC FTW. So, I did this today.

Only did the passenger side because I shouldn't rub on the drivers side.

Comment

nice. keep updating!!

Comment

Working...
                              X