Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please put some aero ii wheels on this

Comment

• I dig the wrap, I need to learn how to do proper wrapping. Please sure your aerosol painting secret.

Ps it's oracal not oracle, I keep thinking database stuff when I read it :]

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• Originally posted by 600whp s4 View Post
        please put some aero ii wheels on this
        I do dig those wheels, I wish they came in staggered, chrome mono's will remain for now, however I always keep my eyes open to see what else is floating around for sale

Comment

• Aero II's did come staggered on the E55. I had a set in 18x8.5/9.5 for a while but they were way too big for my 190e.
          And if you guys are refering to the ones by BBS, just change the lip.
          Great bondo work you did there!

Comment

• Originally posted by D&W View Post
            thanks man, I was really happen when I came across it!

I just wanna order it already and get started haha, soon i will!
            Do you have a link to where you ordered it from?

Comment

• Originally posted by zephyrueffer View Post
              Aero II's did come staggered on the E55. I had a set in 18x8.5/9.5 for a while but they were way too big for my 190e.
              And if you guys are refering to the ones by BBS, just change the lip.
              Great bondo work you did there!
              I have staggered e55 mono's right now (sometimes called aero 2's i think), aero ii's are the 2 piece AMG's with bolt on faces that were square setup, i dig em and the AMG OZ 3pce are bitchin, but rare to find with no hairlines cracks @ lugs but a very cool wheel

Comment

• Originally posted by rsingh3g View Post
                Do you have a link to where you ordered it from?
                I ordered the swatch of eBay and the full vinyl I will order from metrorestyling.com - cheapest place Ive seen so far and a legit website

Comment

• new colour is hot! awaiting the whole car now!

Comment

• when is this getting wrapped ? And when are those lorinsers going on. Ide like to buy those e55 monos !
                    C280 Build Thread
                    C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                    E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                      when is this getting wrapped ? And when are those lorinsers going on. Ide like to buy those e55 monos !
                      Lorinsers are busted so that ain't happening :sad face: one wheel was un-repairable due to an old dodgy weld apparently, had 3 places look at em.

Wrap will be ordered before Xmas I think but I'll start doing it in January once I'm back from Australia, hanging to do it now though!!

Comment

I ordered the swatch of eBay and the full vinyl I will order from metrorestyling.com - cheapest place Ive seen so far and a legit website
                        Thanks man

Comment

Lorinsers are busted so that ain't happening :sad face: one wheel was un-repairable due to an old dodgy weld apparently, had 3 places look at em.

Wrap will be ordered before Xmas I think but I'll start doing it in January once I'm back from Australia, hanging to do it now though!!

Bummer ! was it a barrel or face crack ? have you tried to mount tires to see if they hold air ?
                          C280 Build Thread
                          C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                          E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

• Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                            Bummer ! was it a barrel or face crack ? have you tried to mount tires to see if they hold air ?
                            outer lip crack, horizontal, they needed complete refinishing/straightening to be useable and they are worried the weld will crack when they refinish.

I'm over them at this point, got the 3 fixable ones listed on ebay

Comment

• Been a while.

Tomorrow I will install some 20mm spacers in the rear, I had 235/40's mounted to the rear 9" monoblock so it's a very mild stretch, just what I wanted, they don't grip as much as the old 255's obviously so they spin on takeoff pretty easy, but I just cruise to and from work in this car mainly so it's not big deal.

Pics to follow tomorrow once installed.

Comment

• Gonna need to do more work to make these spacers/tires work

Did minimal trimming, definitely needs more. Plan is to cut more and raise rear a touch also with thicker pads,

Here is the 235/40/18 on a 9" subtle and still give a decent amount of rubber.

Here it is mounted, car is jacked up a little here, so when I raise it, will be closer to this possibly

Here you can see clearly that more clearance is needed

Comment

Working...
                                X