99 Mercedes C43 AMG - Cleaning it up Dropping it down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
    cant wait to hear this. What did you put on it ? Just a muffler . No secondary cat delete + x pipe lolz
    replaced rear muffler with a Borla muffler and threw some tips on that pretty much match the AMG tips on there.

It sounds nice, low rumble at idle, livens up and gets louder as soon as you touch the gas, decent loudness during slow acceleration, really opens up and growls a little under WOT. I love it. probly a bit too loud for my mum to drive, but my dad would like it. thats a good way to put it hahah

let's try and meet up on the weekend

Comment

Here is some pics and a video of the new exhaust.

C43 comes stock with 3" piping. This system is just the stock system with rear muffler switched to a Borla with some tips that pretty much match the original AMG tips welded on. Resonator is still in place

Thanks Dan for doing good work on the exhaust, you were right when you said it would sound legit

Video here

Last edited by D&W; 05-14-2012, 11:08 PM.

Comment

love the way the exhaust sounds. When I had my exhaust done they hollowed out my cat and replaced my two mufflers with the one Borla and it sounds nice and deep and throaty like yours does (except mine's a 3.6 straight six, so not necessarily like your v8 lol) but yeah, love both of your cars.
        Instagram: danimal._
        Mercedes Build Thread
        Falcon Build Thread

Comment

Sounds awesome man! cannot wait to hear it person, lets all meet up this weekend or something?

Comment

It's turning out super nice bro. I really want one of these for a daily.

Comment

Originally posted by HWY HNTR View Post
              love the way the exhaust sounds. When I had my exhaust done they hollowed out my cat and replaced my two mufflers with the one Borla and it sounds nice and deep and throaty like yours does (except mine's a 3.6 straight six, so not necessarily like your v8 lol) but yeah, love both of your cars.
              thanks man, yea im happy for sure. btw you have 666 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by socalE320 View Post
                Sounds awesome man! cannot wait to hear it person, lets all meet up this weekend or something?
                yea im down for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by anerness View Post
                  It's turning out super nice bro. I really want one of these for a daily.
                  I love it as a daily. always fun to drive. 18-24 MPG aint too bad for a V8 either

Comment

Originally posted by D&W View Post
                    thanks man, yea im happy for sure. btw you have 666 posts.
                    fuck did I really? I shoulda used it to make a big update on the Falc...oh well, you have 666 posts now...weird...
                    Instagram: danimal._
                    Mercedes Build Thread
                    Falcon Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by HWY HNTR View Post
                      fuck did I really? I shoulda used it to make a big update on the Falc...oh well, you have 666 posts now...weird...
                      so i did damn that shit is crazy!! what are the chances ahha

Comment

click below for VIDEO, just a little drive off. might wanna turn your volume up a little its a kinda quiet video.

Comment

Originally posted by D&W View Post
                          click below for VIDEO, just a little drive off. might wanna turn your volume up a little its a kinda quiet video.

sounds very beast. Gotta love those merc V8's driving the 43 is just the right amount of fun
                          C280 Build Thread
                          C43 ///AMG Build Thread
                          E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                            sounds very beast. Gotta love those merc V8's driving the 43 is just the right amount of fun
                            I fuckin love this exhaust

Comment

the chrome wheels were so much better :/
                              Mercs are cars that can definitely pull off chrome well.

Comment

Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
                                the chrome wheels were so much better :/
                                Mercs are cars that can definitely pull off chrome well.
                                yea Mercs do look spot on with chrome, the black is removable so I'll roll that until im over it and then go back to chrome

Comment

Working...
                                X