No announcement yet.

How Low to drop the Cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking "how low to go" around here is silly, because the only answer is "as low as possible"
    -George
    flickr

Comment

I think the stanceworks method is: Coils, drop it til it wont roll, raise it 1/2 inch, Profit

Comment

Originally posted by Need_Stance View Post
        Coils, they make them. Look harder, here is a link to one of many companies that make them pretty reasonably priced.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...291410002r3195
        bleh to nex on mustangs. maxmimum motorsports and griggs are the two setups that most road-race people run. QA1 and UPR make more drag-oriented stuff. i essentially have this setup:

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/st...roducts_id=328

It is costly new, but i picked up most everything used and spend maybe 800 putting it all together. allows super-low status and is well-made in the USA
        2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
        2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
        1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

Needs these, Boyd Coddington Heckle I believe.
          Originally posted by da3bous
          I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Or these.

Comment

My cobra is on eibach sportlines w/ koni adjustable yellow struts and shocks, maximum motorsport caster camber plates and steeda bump steer kit. Could be lower if I didnt put the isolators in...

oh, and when you order the rear shocks (not struts) get ones from the fox body, they bolt right up but have more travel.
              Last edited by e36cruiser; 10-25-2009, 10:18 PM.
              E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
              E36 M3 Mugello rot
              GEN2 TUNDRA CM
              https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

i wanna see a slammed IRS cobra thread. mustangs with camber ftw

@eraunpetrytoday

Comment

Ditto Lonestar22! This Cobra needs more low and 18x12 wheels. Hey, if 240's can pull it off, SN's should be able too. Good size wheel well back there, and roll/pull that fender too.

Comment

They can do it.

Ground Control makes Coils for Mustangs too, if I'm not mistaken.

Coils + CCW Classics. Then that car would be epic.

Comment

I agree irs would be sick with camber, many guys that have 03-04 cobras that drag race actually convert to solid rear end to get rid of wheel hop. So if you keep a look out you may be able to find a whole rear suspension for a decent price. I think pulling out the fenders would be hard because it wouldnt flow at all with the body but it would look agressive as F*CK. I would love to see a fellow cobra stanced, Just isnt gunna happen to mine due to $$.
                      E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
                      E36 M3 Mugello rot
                      GEN2 TUNDRA CM
                      https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

not a cobra but i'm working on it. glad to see there's other sn95 owners who enjoy a nice stance. i'm on H&R supersport springs, fox body tokico HPs, steeda X2 lower balljoints in front for another 1/2" lower...it's as low as it can go without a coilover conversion and cutting springs. and unfortunately the cats are only a couple inches off the ground already

Last edited by fatjodz; 03-27-2010, 12:32 PM.

Comment

A couple inches? Thats plenty of room

Comment

So what you are saying is that you have a couple of inches that can be used for moar low. If it's not scraping while driving on flat roads, you need moar low.

But seriously.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                            X