e38 tax refund build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    knew it. im from santa paula originally, coming back for a month this summer.

how do you like the nexs so far? my dad has an e38 but the stock stuff is on its last limb

Did the water tower give it away?

I like the nexs, especially for the money. They ride nice n firm but not too harsh. Then again my car being a sport already rode firm compared to a reg e38. I've got the dampening all the way firm on the rear just because of how low it is. Front is about medium.

Comment

this is great. i never get over how great almost any car can look with just wheels & drop.

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

Originally posted by beater740iSport View Post
        Did the water tower give it away?

I like the nexs, especially for the money. They ride nice n firm but not too harsh. Then again my car being a sport already rode firm compared to a reg e38. I've got the dampening all the way firm on the rear just because of how low it is. Front is about medium.
        yea at first i was like hey i love that e38! wish there were more around,and then i saw the tower and oh shitt'd. we'll have to meetup, my freind drives a "stanced" e30 as well who works in oxnard .

Good to hear about the NEX coils, Im sure his setup would be full soft front and rear, hes not really looking to get dumped, wants to keep it more OEM+

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by padraigmk3 View Post
          this is great. i never get over how great almost any car can look with just wheels & drop.
          While i fully agree with this concept, i'm failing to see how it's related to this thread - the Seven is creme de la creme to begin with

And while we are on the cream subject... The car is pure sex with those wheels

Comment

^+1

the e38 is one of the few cars i still think looks fantastic even mostly or completely stock

Flickr

Comment

Very sexy e38
              Rear shot with the camber and stretch is all money.

With some paint on them frame rails, debadged hood you'll be an e38 legend.

With only the very best intentions in mind, I have to say that FMU should pay close attention as this is surely what an e38 looks like when done right

Comment

Dayuuuuuum thats so dope! Those lips <3 Love it man!

Comment

Amazing!

Comment

hey man do you have any pictures of the front wheel to coilover clearance?

Comment

Front wheel to coilovers clearance is like 1 mm or less. Had to run a 10mm spacer to get them to clear. With stock struts it would have tons of clearance.

Comment

So its that close now or with the +15 setup? Im hoping to run 10.5's all the way around but Im not gonna be that low and dont want to be poking like crazy.

Comment

in for laters.
                          I haz 4 wimz. need 4 more.

Comment

That's now with the 10mm spacer on the 15 offset wheel effectively making the fronts+ 5. I didn't want that much poke out front originally but it worked out well. Ill look at the height and see if its possible to run it any higher for more clearance. Basically at the height im at now I can't go any wider or go in any more than where im at now.

Comment

Alright thanks, im actually kinda selling mine but no one seems to want to buy it. So with me parting out my 240 and not being able to move on to a 350z like i want, im kinda getting to itch to finally drop it and throw some wheels on it, and since its my daily im not trying to go too crazy with the fitment and dont really want to have to mess with the fenders.
                              Last edited by whitebread; 06-12-2011, 11:41 PM.

Comment

wow does lips look so good

Comment

Working...
                                X