No announcement yet.

A Focus that most will **** anyways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to try something new I think. After the Avila show, I want lower and wider. So the only way to do that would be new wheels. At this point I'm kicking around the idea, and seeing what's out there. But if it works out, I should have a cleaner looking car in the end. It also may work out the CF goes away.

Here she is at Avila.

100_1937 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

• Looked damn good on the show field Chris.

Comment

• So the current wheels are staying for now. I had to buy tires and seeing as how cheap wheels with used tires aren't worth much, I need to get my use out of them. Still working on possible trades/sales with the CF, but we'll see. Anyway got a small update as I started working on a few things again.

Got some 5mm spacers for the rear. I test fit one on and it looks good. Def going to have to do a roll and pull and camber a little.

I need to get some longer studs, which I think I can get fronts and use them on the rear to gain a little. Also I got a RS knob on its way. Going to cut down another stock shifter but not as short this time and thread it. Should have that done in the next week.

Comment

• The longer studs are in the rear. I'm just waiting on getting a fender roller to use and then the spacers will be going on. Also picked up a RS knob and it needed some TLC.

As you can see its not bad, just used.

100_2103 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

The worse spot...

100_2102 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

Now polished This was the bad spot...

100_2104 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

100_2105 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

100_2106 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

Here's a couple of pics of the new RS knob installed. I also put in a new longer shift lever. The one I had was cut way to short. The throw feels so much better now.

100_2131 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

100_2132 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

Also got my fender markers installed. I've always wanted a set and with shaving the side markers out of the bumper I really needed them to be legal. I had a set of Euro lenses and all the stuff to make them work, but never brought myself to cut the triangle hole in my fender. ZX360 had posted a set of knock offs he was selling and I jumped on them. These only require a 3/4" hole drilled in the fender so install was super easy.

To get the location just right I made this template. Cut the hole with the hole saw, then traced the lens and cut it out.

100_2125 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

Mocked up...

100_2127 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

Marked it and measured so I could get it the same on the other side.

100_2126 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

New speed hole cut...

100_2128 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

and lens installed!

100_2129 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

Wired it up using wire and loom from all the old harnesses I have laying around...

100_2130 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

all done!

100_2133 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

And here's a video of all my custom turn signals working.

Comment

• Pretty legit sir, Like it!
            sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• Looks good! Not a fan of the hood though. Bay looks spot on, maybe time to shave all those holes?
              Hella4 | MTechnica Wheels - Wheel Designer | Memoryfab

Comment

• Thank man. I've thought about it. I'm hoping to get a welder and learn how to weld sometime after I move. I've been looking for a house for 2 months now. As far as the hood goes, yeah its been fun but I'm looking for a stock one now.

Comment

• I haven't done much in the last few months with this car, just been enjoying it. Painted my wife's wagon and now selling that to our son. Picking up a SVT hatch for my wife tomorrow. So with them taken care of now, it will be time to fix some of the little things I've been putting off.

Comment

• man i like your build great over all work

Comment

• Mmm... It's your car, so you can do whatever the hell you want with it. But in my humblest of opinions, I'm not really a fan of the hood... Or the wheels... Or the smoked out tails... I'll show myself out now.
                      Originally posted by Kyle_Eagleton
                      Come to America. We have no rules. And plenty of fast food.

Comment

• I like how this is coming together! The cleaned up engine bay is by far my favorite modification to this car, not so much the carbon fiber parts.... but "to each his own". Good luck!
                        Flickr

Comment

• Those are some nice looking indicators on the side.

I like how when the turn signal goes, they turn off. Nice job.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Originally posted by knowledge View Post
                            man i like your build great over all work
                            Thanks man.

Originally posted by Codidly View Post
                            Mmm... It's your car, so you can do whatever the hell you want with it. But in my humblest of opinions, I'm not really a fan of the hood... Or the wheels... Or the smoked out tails... I'll show myself out now.
                            The carbon fiber has lived its life and will soon go away. I like the CF but I want to have an over all clean look. The smoked tails have been gone for a while now. But why not the wheels? Just because they're not BBS, CCW's, Rotiforms?

Never have to show your way out. I take all comments as long as its civil.

Originally posted by BreadBaskett View Post
                            I like how this is coming together! The cleaned up engine bay is by far my favorite modification to this car, not so much the carbon fiber parts.... but "to each his own". Good luck!
                            Thanks, more to come soon on the bay. I have a set of chrome studs and nuts for the header, just need to get some wrap and knock it out.

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                            Those are some nice looking indicators on the side.

I like how when the turn signal goes, they turn off. Nice job.
                            Yeah I love em. Its nice at night because people next to you can't miss your signal.

Comment

• love everything!

love the color scheme, the wheels, the originality, all the diy work....but that hood...im not a fan of

other than that, very nice

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

• Thanks man. It really means a lot to hear people they like what I've done. Not because I need approval, just means that people apperciate the work I've put in.

I guess since the thread got bumped up I'll update where I an with my upcoming plans. Talked with a buddy who happens to be starting a fab shop, going to have a custom intake made, just going to chop up and re-use an old to make it fit better. Like I said before going to finally wrap the header, and install the chrome hardware. Going to re-line the trunk with a new floor and side panels. Then re-cover the door card inserts in the doors. Also working on getting OEM trunk and hood for the car again. Going on a cruise next week, so after I get back the fun will start.

Comment

Working...
                                X