No announcement yet.

A Focus that most will **** anyways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if this has been mentioned but MOAR LOW.

Comment

Cool looking Focus dude. Really like it. The sedan's aren't really as popular over here in the UK as they are in the states. Shame really as they can look awesome

Click for the Phokus Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by KürBFèéleR View Post
        If you put your wifes wheels on your car leave them blue or at least dont paint them white.i think it will just be a little too much...just my 2 cents...i like where this is heading.i miss my old zx3, super fun cars
        Everyone has told me to leave them blue. I've set them against my car and they look good. I'm just leaning white to keep it cleaner.

Originally posted by Daviticus View Post
        You car has that early-2000's grey-scale appearance, I think a crazy wheel color would set it of in the right direction. Overall, damn clean and simple. I'm noticing more Foci come out of the woodwork lately, and they're doing it proper. Keep it up.
        Thanks man. Those of us on SW are stepping up the Foci game and thats what this hobby is about.

Originally posted by w201e34 View Post
        I can really respect your engine bay work and everything, really awesome. That first hood, I was like "yeah that's alright, I can deal with that" but the cf hood...I despise it. Focus more on getting it low and less on the (don't wanna be the one to say it, but) ricey parts. It'll look good on those other wheels with some spacers and low!
        Trust me these wheels won't need spacers. Maybe 5mm up front. The CF hood has some history to it. I got it from a friend for trade of work. I would much rather have a OEM CF hood, but I do like this one. I think the SVT front bumper will also fit this hood better.

Originally posted by Daviticus View Post
        I think quite the opposite. It appears to me that he's focusing on DE-ricing the car, which I'm all for. The painted interior pieces were worse than the hood, honestly. Regardless, I like it. Simply executed.
        Yes the white interior pieces sucked ass. They looked great in 2007 when I first did them, but its time to move on. My car has been on a de-rice mode for about two years now.

Originally posted by miracLe View Post
        I don't know if this has been mentioned but MOAR LOW.
        I lacks the lows, I know I got a few parts coming up for sale that should help fund the lows. I'm the only source of income in my houseold, so I try to fund my car through trades and selling parts.

Originally posted by JonD View Post
        Cool looking Focus dude. Really like it. The sedan's aren't really as popular over here in the UK as they are in the states. Shame really as they can look awesome
        Saloon's you mean Yeah modded sedans aren't super popular over here either. Thats why I like it.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

the hood is okay, not my favorite. but i dont like the look of the trunk with the smoked tails though. more low need. great work on the engine bay though.

Comment

Originally posted by justaneffer View Post
            the hood is okay, not my favorite. but i dont like the look of the trunk with the smoked tails though. more low need. great work on the engine bay though.
            Thanks. The smoked tails are gone now.

Comment

So I got started yesterday and really dug into the car.

First up, my battery relocation box. I sanded and ground all the surface rust off then primed and painted it.

My primer of choice. Its 2 part epoxy primer in a spray can.

Didn't get any pics of it painted today. I'll grab some later this week.

Next I finished up the shaving on my SVT bumper. All I have left to do now is a few layers of filler then prime and paint.

Donor bumper.

Cut a piece of plastic out to replace the turn lens. I cut a really big piece incase I effed up.

Used my side marker lenses and traced them onto the cut piece and fitted them into the hole.

Backside I cut out the screw holes.

Then the front plastic welded.

And the backside. On the back I used a torch to melt the plastic, then smoothed it with my plastic welder.

Today I tore the front end apart so I could do my battery relocation and try and relocate the overflow tank and PS bottle.

Nevermind the amp wire hanging there. I ran it that way only to make the amp worked. I will be going through the fire wall with it.

Not a lot of room to fit the PS and coolant tanks. I'll figure it out tho.

And thats the way she sits for now. I need to do some more resreach on PS and coolant tank removals from VW and Honda builds. No one has done one in a Focus that I know of.

Comment

I really like where this is going Chris.
                2002 Fort Knox Gold Ford Focus.
                LoFurbish. www.lofurbish.com
                Build Thread
                My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Gold View Post
                  I really like where this is going Chris.
                  Thanks Blake!

I feel I need to update so no one thinks I've been slacking. Not a huge update but hey.

I mounted the SVT bumper put my first layer of filler on.

Passenger Side

Drivers Side

Then I pulled it off and stood it up to get the shave areas level. This is my second layer of filler.

I got a third on now and its filled up and just needs to be sanded. After that I got to flip it over and do the other side. I'm going to try and work on it every night this week.

I also got the hardware for the battery box this weekend and started installing it. I got two holes drilled, then started the third and the bit isn't cutting, FML. So I'll pick up a new bit tomorrow and get that finished.

Still researching on the coolant tank delete and hope to get something rolling on that soon.

Comment

Made some more progress today. Got the bumper filled and sanded, now she's ready for primer.

Then I got the battery box installed. I'm going to put some spacers on it this weekend, then I'll start re-routing my wires. I really love where this thing sits.

Also it seems I got a trade for coils worked out. Guy wants to back to stock the swap will be made.

Comment

very nice work

Comment

Looks great dude!!!!

-spatakula
                        (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ Y U NO LIKE SOLOAUTOMAG?!?!?!

Comment

I don't **** it

Comment

cool build
                            stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

Chris this car has a came such a loooooooooooooong way since I've last seen it years back with those walmart special foglights. Big fan man, big fan!

I can't wait to see that bumper painted with the euro sidemarkers, it's one of the things i've wanted to do to a mk1 sedan
                              sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Originally posted by nismo sentra View Post
                                very nice work
                                Thanks,

Originally posted by Spatakula View Post
                                Looks great dude!!!!

-spatakula
                                Trying to get on your level

Originally posted by X5X View Post
                                I don't **** it
                                lol nice.

Originally posted by driftsucky View Post
                                cool build
                                Thank you.

Originally posted by Chuckdee View Post
                                Chris this car has a came such a loooooooooooooong way since I've last seen it years back with those walmart special foglights. Big fan man, big fan!

I can't wait to see that bumper painted with the euro sidemarkers, it's one of the things i've wanted to do to a mk1 sedan

I forgot about those lights, thanks for reminding me

I've seen a few euros this way and love em. I need to sack up and cut into the fenders.

Comment

Working...
                                X