A Focus that most will **** anyways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to keep this up to date...

Been working my ass off to get this ready for Fabulous Fords next weekend. Had to take the front sturts apart today. Hit a pothole the size of the grand canyon last week while on the freeway. Blew my strut bump stop to pieces. Inspected the whole thing, looks good, drives fine, so I'm good I guess.

New OEM trunk lid and painted trim piece. Ford never made a white OEM trim piece so I had to paint one.

100_2873 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

The trim close up. Straight out the gun no wetsanding or polish.

100_2878 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

Needed to get my trunk cleaned up. Wood cut to fit.

100_2865 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

Batting spray glued onto the wood.

100_2866 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

And the finished product. I still need to make side panels to match. But thats on hold for a while.

100_2875 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

Then used the last of the fabric to recover the trunk lid carpet.

100_2874 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

The recleared hood. Going to wet sand and polish it later this week.

100_2904 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

And my new rare OEM side skirts. They're Ford Acc skirts an option from Ford that never really sold well.

100_2902 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

My delivery guy forgot the hardware, so its getting dropped in the mail tomorrow. I'll have em mounted later this week. I think they really finish off the car.

100_2903 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

• Got some up skirt shots.

100_2910 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

100_2909 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

100_2914 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

100_2912 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

I'm in love. These really complete the exterior of my car. I'm still leaning towards getting a white OEM hood, but having re-done the WhoreCal CF hood I'm not in a hurry. I feel like I've captured the touring sedan look very well. The JDM feel just never came out right.

Long term new wheels are in order. I'm leaning towards 17's to achive more lows and better fitment. I know its not that low or that stanced out. But as of right now I'm pretty happy.

Comment

• Looks fantastic, man. Good work with this build, it's always impressive to see an unimpressive platform cleaned up and done right. I personally think you should color-match the front lip to match the skirts but that's just me.

LOW & SLOW ED7 DAILY DRIVER BUILD

Comment

• Originally posted by EF303 View Post
          Looks fantastic, man. Good work with this build, it's always impressive to see an unimpressive platform cleaned up and done right. I personally think you should color-match the front lip to match the skirts but that's just me.
          Thanks. Yeah the front lip would look killer color matched, but its way to flexy to paint.

Comment

• Lovin where you went with this. Never been a fan of the sedans but this is well done. I wont talk about the hood because its been said but you are so close to being spot on with the car! 17x9's and a new hood and done!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1lessPrius View Post
              Lovin where you went with this. Never been a fan of the sedans but this is well done. I wont talk about the hood because its been said but you are so close to being spot on with the car! 17x9's and a new hood and done!
              First off your user name is awesome. I have a One Less Prius decal on my rear window. As do most of my friends

I'd like to keep the widths a little narrower than 9". Most likely 8" 17x8 et 38-32. I have two hoods that have dents I just need to repair them and paint.

Comment

• saw your car at FFF, didnt see anyone around it. looks nice man!

2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
                2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
                1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

• Dont listen to the ****** man, your car looks fantastic! Well done
                  I shoot people.
                  http://www.flickr.com/vesar

Comment

• Originally posted by frink84 View Post
                    saw your car at FFF, didnt see anyone around it. looks nice man!

Oh shit, thanks man. Yeah I'm sure we were out walking around. I got interviewed by Ford owners club yesterday. It was pretty cool.

Originally posted by Vesar View Post
                    Dont listen to the ****** man, your car looks fantastic! Well done
                    Thank man. After this weekend I'm pretty stoked on all the love she got.

Comment

• This looks good dude. Props.

Comment

• The car looks great. Good job on the build! Subscribed.

Comment

• ah lets bump this up for the ****** to see once again

Still love your car Chris
                          Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
                          www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

• haha i should have known it was you that bumped this gordon :P

Comment

• Haven't been around the car scene to much lately. I've been investing more time into my guns and shooting. But because someone might want an update...

Here she is back in August in Santa Barbra at Focus Beach Fiesta.

Mini me at a local meet n greet enjoying In N Out.

And what I worked on for the last year. My wifes SVT with Tarmacs. 17x8 et 35.

Comment

• Wow, whole car looking great, you've improved alot on the modifications you've made to this thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X