• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time no update...
    Dying over here mane.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• haha sorry. I have not been motivated. Here's a teaser of what I started on last weekend.

100_2709 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

• This weekends update...so I came up on a set of rear disc brakes. Sadly my buddy lost his car in an accident, but I helped him strip lots of parts off and he hooked me up with the rear disc. Also got a complete set of SS lines to go with them.

Took them apart today and cleaned them up with the wire wheel and painted them. Used black engine enamel, so they'll last a long time.

100_2729 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

100_2726 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

So happy to have disc behind my rear wheels now. I haven't fitted the wheels yet, so I'm afraid the studs on these may be a little long.

Comment

• Whats the deal with the trunk? your shaving the black plastic piece that comes across the rear license plate area?

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Yup. Shaving the trim off to match the front bumper that I shaved last year.

Comment

• I see!! That's going to look cool!!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Brakes installed!

Untitled by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

I now have something to motivate me. Fabulous Fords Forever at Knotts Berry Farms is April 21st. I will be showing my car there.

Here's the list of things I need done before I go.
                • pick up OEM hood, repair and paint it
                • finish shaved OEM trunk lid and paint it
                • wrap headers and install SS hardware kit
                • repair rash on my one wheel
                • maybe do something with the inside of my trunk

Comment

• This is going to be good Loving those rear brakes. Something always bothers me when I see a nice car with drum brakes on it.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Awesome Focus! I am glad I stumbled on the build while browsing this site. You have put an amazing amount of work into it, one of my favorite Focus sedans
                    | Ford of Europe | Hofele | Rieger | Hella | OEM+ |

Comment

• Doing work! Nice!

Comment

• Thought there was an update

I hope he finished that trunk already hahaha

This is easily my favorite thread because of the uniqueness of it and the attention to detail on what some people would see as just 'an aging american economy car' when it's so much more.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                        @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Update coming I promise. I've been shooting guns and coaching little league so I've been busy. But this weekend its car time again.

That is going on this weekend. It will allow me to dial in the rear fitment with the spacers.

Comment

• This will be great! Hows the trunk going though?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• The trunk has had no progress. I gotta get with my buddy so we can weld it up. I have paint on order though. It will be done for Fabulous Fords Forever in late April. You should come check out the show, there will be about 15-20 of us Focus guys there.

Well my new rear disc brakes needed wheel bearings and so did my wife's SVT. A local shop wanted $75 to press out the old bearings and in the new. A buddy had a old 20ton press he wanted to sell for $100. I said fuck you shop and bought the press.

Did four bearings today in a few hours. Saved myself lots o cash.

Then I got to work installing the new rear suspension. Out with the old.

100_2796 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

In with the new.

100_2798 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

Now what this suspension does is allow you full adjustibility and turns your rear shock into a coil over.

100_2799 by norcalfocus@rocketmail.com, on Flickr

Tomorrow I will dial it in and align it. I should be able to push the wheels out wider this way.

Comment

• What brand shocks and springs are those coil overs??
                                [COLOR=#ff0000]Lifetime Project[/COLOR]--- 1999 Mercedes C230 Kompressor, but converted to Turbo. Attempting to finish it up.
                                [COLOR=#ff0000]The Daily[/COLOR]---2011 C350 4matic[COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]​

Comment

Working...
                                X