No announcement yet.

The 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it comes down to that I have no problem with it, but I really don't want to. Others have done it without car modification so theres no reason why I shouldn't be able to.

Comment

• Loving your project!
      Looks like a tight fit with that engine though. Good luck to ya

Comment

• Good Work!

I need an E30

Comment

• hopefully i can be ballin like that by the end of the year.

Comment

• haha thanks guys

Comment

• w00t!

As you can see, I decided car modification was the easiest way to get it in. Raising the back of the car did nothing. My other options were to remove the intake (too much time) or remove the transmission (too much of a bitch). I'm going to modify the piece I cut out so it bolts in, that way if I ever feel the need to pull it out again I'll be able to get it all out in one piece.

I was planning on pulling the engine again to paint the engine bay, but it was such a pain in the ass to get it in there that I'm just going to cover it up and paint around it lol.

Comment

• looking good so far

Comment

• oh dear jesus, this is adding up to be my favorite edirty. Keep going

Comment

• nice work Byron

Comment

• jesus i never woulda thought that motor was gonna shoehorn in there. nicely done.
                      and i never noticed on my e30, but damn do they have some serious front caster angle! isnt that gonna suck without PS?
                      keep us updated, i love this project!

Comment

• Originally posted by ROFL Waffle View Post
                        looking good so far
                        Originally posted by BikeDr View Post
                        oh dear jesus, this is adding up to be my favorite edirty. Keep going
                        Originally posted by The Golden Raspberry View Post
                        nice work Byron
                        Thanks guys!
                        Originally posted by DragginWagon View Post
                        jesus i never woulda thought that motor was gonna shoehorn in there. nicely done.
                        and i never noticed on my e30, but damn do they have some serious front caster angle! isnt that gonna suck without PS?
                        keep us updated, i love this project!
                        Other people have fit the V8 in before so I knew it would fit, I just didn't expect it to be such a pain in the ass to get in there lol.

I've got the caster maxed out on my car too, offset bushings and camber/caster plates all the way back. I think it's somewhere around 12 degrees lol. I never had a problem with no ps when the M30 was installed and the m60 isn't much heavier. Most of the extra weight will be farther back anyways.

Just been doing little things to the car in the few hours after work. Shortened the shifter linkage, re-bent the clutch hose to fit the e39 slave, installed the radiator (still need to figure out where I'm going to run the upper hose), etc. Been working on the wiring but my harness seems to be different that what the pinout's show so it's being a pain. Still trying to figure out a booster solution, thinking I may try the Geo Metro route that I've heard of 24v guys doing. Hopefully going to build the headers this weekend.

Few more shitty phone pics. Once we got the engine in my boss took it upon himself to make me a transmission bracket

This one shows off how shitty my drivetrain angle is without the subframe spacers. I'm thinking I should buy stock in 105mm guibos lol

Comment

• just read all 6 pages, great work! can't wait to see the finished product!

Comment

• Me either lol, I'm going through withdrawals.

Worked on the exhaust manifolds for a few hours yesterday and got pretty much nowhere. I'm trying to modify the factory ones but they're dual-walled and nowhere close to fitting so it's being a pain. I've got a few other options (X5 4.8 manifolds, build log manifolds, buy a bunch of 90* bends and make some from scratch) but all involve either more money or more time than I want to spend.

Comment

• Hehe, Yidiot, Might have a surprise for you in a little while

Comment

• What, some rusted out e30 you think was a good deal?

Comment

Working...
                                X