The 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Byron View Post

So I decided it would be a great time to start my business that I've had in my head for a few years now. As soon as he told me he didn't want me, I drove straight to a local welding shop, bought a welder, and Wilcox Performance was formed! So now I'm going to be making even less shit for money, but I'll be doing what I want to do at least.
    I Love it mate. Do what you love, and the money will follow.

Comment

• Out

Found a guy that wants to buy the broked m60 to use as a core charge, so that saves me from having to scrap it. Till them it's just taking up floor space

And I'm debating ordering metal and building a go kart. I want to use bike tires and make it fit on a bike rack

I'm in the planning process with the bay shave. I think i'm going to cut off the radiator support again and put a new one on since I'm not happy that I cut this one. If I do that I'll probably make new panels for on top of the frame rails so I can get rid of all the useless holes. I'd like to make some strut tower reinforcement plates like the convertibles have too, but if I do that I might want to raise the inner fenders for clearance while I'm in there...and on it goes.
      Last edited by Byron; 09-05-2012, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• lalala you cannot catch me jew i am on a go kart lalala

because what guy hasnt wanted to build some kind of gocart at some point in their lives

Comment

• I like this guy, I like this car... Reading this build is just amazing

insta:yungwymo

Comment

• Never realized you had a build thread on your e30. Looked so dope like your sig

1991 E30 Sedan - Build Thread

Comment

• It was brought to my attention that I've been slacking on this thread recently (cough NeedingAnAudi cough), so here's some updates.

I ended up getting a larger shop down the street since my old landlord was a bitch, so I spent 2 weeks moving and cleaning/arranging the new shop. It's over 3 times bigger, so the e30 has a constant new home where I don't need to roll it in and out every day.

I started pulling all the seam sealer out of the engine bay, as I decided I'm going to go pretty much all out with the shave.

And it appears that my front springs are a bit stiffer than the chassis is designed for, because I found some cracking around the strut towers. I'm debating if I should just box the strut towers to the frame or if I should cut out the old inner fenders, make new ones that are taller and still box them in. Either way I'm going to make some hidden bracing around the front end as it seems to get quite the beating being so low.

Comment

...Then it's onto the LS1

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• Now that's just creepy

Comment

It was brought to my attention that I've been slacking on this thread recently (cough NeedingAnAudi cough), so here's some updates.
                    Oh hey that's me

I have always loved this build. The feel of it, the car isn't perfect at the start, but you do what you want to it. I can feel the character oozing out of this car, and I truly dig it.

Also I REAAAALLY love v8s in all cars lol
                    Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
                    Alex

Comment

• Fuck yeah better raise those towers lol

Bitch get that motor in.
                      I dislike Byron.

Comment

• Well it's about fucking time sir, I better see this at next h2oi.

I expect frequent updates.

That is all.

Comment

• The update you've all been waiting for...

Parted the car out, the shell went to the scrapper today
                          I'll get back into an e30 someday, but I've got something I've always wanted coming up in my future. Stay tuned.

Comment

• I'm shocked.

that's the saddest pic you could post

btw good luck with your new project boy

Comment

• [QUOTE=Byron;1192901]The update you've all been waiting for...

I just acquired a set of corvette bbs rs026 have 16x10 et36 all around I kind of want to keep them as is and run on car with adapters, btw I'm in a m42 e30, you ran the wheel on your e30 in rear with 27mm adapter 215/40/16 tire but you also had a crazy drop and camber, I want to run these wheels with my current suspension setup for DD in NYC, I have bilstien sport inserts and eibach sport springs don't wanna be any lower can I run wider/taller tire? What's the best size? Will I rub without camber plates? And can I use the wheel in front as well or should I change to shallower lip to make wheel 8.5"-9" wide don't want to disassemble wheels if I don't have to. Your help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Comment

• Bump
                                I dislike Byron.

Comment

Working...
                                X