Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• like a

Comment

• man i **** when crap like that happens. just gotta work with it and move on.

looking good homie
      -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
      -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
      MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
      Got Drop??

Comment

• Just drove it over to the storage place, man I miss driving that car. I had forgot that I took the exhaust off last summer when I was going to put the m62 in., so starting it up was a surprise haha. Can't believe I didn't get pulled over on the way there, the backfires changed from their usual gunshots with the exhaust on to bombs going off. My dad was following me a few cars back and thought the engine exploded haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Byron View Post
          I had forgot that I took the exhaust off last summer when I was going to put the m62 in., so starting it up was a surprise haha.
          That's awesome. So the M60 is still kinda running?

Comment

• Originally posted by B Rod View Post
            That's awesome. So the M60 is still kinda running?
            Kinda is an overstatement lol.

Time had finally come to go get the car out of storage. I went there a few weekends ago with a jump box and all it would do is click the starter. I put jumper cables onto it and the same thing. I tried push starting it but when I popped the clutch the rear wheels would just lock up and drag. It seems the engine finally seized

Poor thing

So I went back last weekend with my dad and some tools to try to un-seize it. I forgot how big the front crank nut was though, so I couldn't do anything. Not wanting to go back a third time, I decided to pull it faster with my dads truck and try to jump it in a higher gear. We pushed it almost all the way out but it got stuck on the entrance, so we backed it up and dragged it over the ramp with the truck

Towed it up to about 20mph and dropped it in 3rd and it thundered to life (forgot about the lack of exhaust yet again )

It lives!

and finally home next to the other broken car.

And a bit of my story: I was working as a VW tech making shit and ****** life, so I made a plan with my old boss for me to return there to work the front office. I worked out my 2 weeks at the dealer and showed up at my old/new job on Monday when he decided to tell me he didn't think I'd do good in that position and wasn't going to hire me.

So I decided it would be a great time to start my business that I've had in my head for a few years now. As soon as he told me he didn't want me, I drove straight to a local welding shop, bought a welder, and Wilcox Performance was formed! So now I'm going to be making even less shit for money, but I'll be doing what I want to do at least.

The first product I'm offering is e30/M30 engine swap mounts. Once I finish making all of them, I'm going to try to get the engine out of this car and start replicating all the parts I had to make so others can do an M60 swap a bit easier. Then it's onto the LS1

Here's my fanpage, like me, maybe

https://www.facebook.com/WilcoxPerformance

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

• Awesome man!

Comment

• Good luck with it man!

Comment

• Fuck yes!!
                    I dislike Byron.

Comment

• amazing thread.. just read the whole 16 pages. 5 stars for the love

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

• Realized that there's not much money in a start up performance business. I got an offer I couldn't refuse, so I'm now part owner of a general repair shop. I'm going to bring the car over hopefully sometime this week and start pulling it apart.

Pictures for those who don't read

Comment

• hell yea .. needed some progress on this. Congrats on landing the partner job. I'm sure it'll be nice to share the business burden with someone else. haha

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• Hell yeah man, congrats. Can't wait to see this car living again.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

• Good luck on the new business man.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Finally got the car over to the garage and started taking it apart. Need to pick up a load leveler then the engine is coming out.

Some of the scrape points (and rust driving this thing through the winter when it was still running ruined it. I have so much work to do just to get it back to where it was)

Squished oil pan

Exhaust all off

I'd say I was a bit hard on the giubo, this one had about 8k on it

Ready to come out. The only stuff still connected is the engine and trans mounts

I still haven't found a transmission, so I can't do anything swap related till I do. I'm gonna work on cleaning up the bay, how much I end up doing depends on how long it takes to find the transmission lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X