No announcement yet.

The 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i feel honored to live in the same town as this vehicle.
    tumblr
    myata

Comment

• Haha, who are you?

Comment

• names nick. i go to uri. ive seen your car a few times and everytime i get giddy like a school girl lol
        tumblr
        myata

Comment

• I want that m62.... for the 7.....

Comment

• Originally posted by smoky0937 View Post
            names nick. i go to uri. ive seen your car a few times and everytime i get giddy like a school girl lol
            Sweet! Yeah I live on 108 right outside of URI, feel free to stop by sometime if you see me outside working.
            Originally posted by DuWerk View Post
            I want that m62.... for the 7.....
            Yeah...

Comment

• I got wood lolz

and stain. The closest match I could get to the grain on the steering wheel ended up being Spanish Cedar, so I got that and a Dark Mahogany stain. Gonna have my friends dad clear it next time he's clearing something.

You may also notice something else in that pic.

I'm having a problem installing it though, the wires for the USB cable hit the internals of the ECU.

I just sent Miller an email about it since they're closed at the moment. Hopefully I can get it figured out and in the car by tomorrow night.

And I gots new grills dawg!

Comment

• This Think is awesome love the work that has gone into it so far. looked at this thread hoping to get a little inspiration for mine lol, got some now. What size are the rf's if you dont mind me asking?

Comment

• 17x8, thanks for the compliments!

So where I left off, I was having trouble fitting the chip because of the injector driver retainer. So I took it apart and clearanced it.

And it fit! So I put it back together and notched the case so I could run the wires out and reinstalled it into the car.

Took it out for a drive, it's definatly a little faster. There isn't really much to be gained from M60's with a chip, but I'm now able to stomp on it in second and have the tires actually start spinning rather than just squirming like they did before, so it's doing something. I had the redline at 7000 for a second but it sounded crazy up there and there isn't any more power so I set it back to 6800. Then the big test came, and it still has the speed limiter! I'm going to do some fooling around with settings tomorrow and see if I can figure out how to delete it.

Comment

• Safe to assume you did this speed test, 100% legally, and not on RI roads.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• but of course

Comment

• I can't wait to see this thing.

Whats the top speed right now?

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• 120mph And thats read by the speedo, so my actual speed is probably around 105 with my undersized tires. Aka about 13 seconds of acceleration haha

Comment

• Still sounds like some fun though.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• m62! sweet. You guys having any meets in Coventry soon? I wanna check the out car. Oh and I figured out where you live, I was driving around Kingston and seen your car and a white wheelie car in what I'd assume to be YOUR driveway. Would have popped in but I was working, and you'd have no clue who I am.

Comment

• I've been following your build thread, and that sucks that you're having to deal with the speed limiter, just like on my car was. I don't know if the engine or computer is hard to get around because of lack of aftermarket or w/e like on my car, but FluidMotorUnion was actually gonna help me get around my speed limiter. If you can't figure it out you might want to send them a shout, they seem like really helpful guys.

Also are you going to SOWO? I really want to check this car out.
                                Instagram: danimal._
                                Mercedes Build Thread
                                Falcon Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X