300C WIP (work in progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300C WIP (work in progress)

So, I'll save the back story of last years debacle and catch everyone up. Been working on this car for quite some time. Last year was riddled with disappointments and this year is starting off decently. Still got a LOOOOONG way to go, but here are the cliff notes to catch you up.
    Last Year: Originally wheels were never made. Bought Option 5's (currently on car). Wrong tires were ordered TWICE (from shop). Wheels never went on car.
    This year: decided to do a few things that I really hadn't planned from last year. Mainly, removing molding, and Shine Auto VIP Lip (Anceltion knock-off).

Started off with removing the molding. It didn't take terribly long as it's just glued on. After removing the molding and glue, I washed the car. Paint flew gingerly from my spoiler. DOH!! :doh: Fortunately, I had some "flowmaster" and "k&n" stickers on tap for just such an occasion.
    Since I already had the heat gun out, and with Eastwood Fender Finisher in hand, I began the tedious task of rolling my fenders to achieve the low I was going for. Turns out the EFF is decent, at best, on 300C fenders. So, other options are being looked into that don't involve cutting and repainting. We'll see what happens. There's also the option of Emry's fender roller (from STM) that I could rent. Moving on, I mounted my tires on the wheels, but the machine I was going to use to balance them wouldn't fit 22's. So, I took the wheels over to Tire World to get them balanced. They broke one of the center caps (you'll see it in the pics) so they didn't charge me anything for the balance. Fair enough trade I suppose.
    Before anything else, I changed my door speakers (one seemed to be blown. Next will be my rears and possibly factory amp). I continuously forget that nothing is friggin plug-n-play with this car, so a 10 minute job turned into like 35 cuz I had to solder wire. uggghhhh. anywhoo..
    Next was achieving the low. The front, which is fairly easy, is NOWHERE near done. That happened last year too where I end up with reverse rake. But, that'll be fixed soon enough. The rears, however, where somewhat of a pain in the arse because I ended up having to remove the rear springs to adjust them. It was a pain in the ass because I tried to adjust them, still mounted, first. However, once I realized what was needed, I removed the bolts, threw in some elbow grease, and kept it moving. I initially started off adjusting a bit, throwing the wheels on, lowering the car, then putting it back up to readjust. After a couple of times of that, I achieved the rear height I'd be happy with for the time being. However, at that point, I was too worn out to care about the front, so, reverse rake till I fix it (probably today or tomorrow after work).
    Last but not lease, replace one of my headlight and 1 of my foglight bulbs. Easy-peasy. Unfortunately for me, the company I order from has changed vendors. I guess the good news is that the color of my passenger side is the color that I wanted 2.5 years ago when I originally ordered these. The bad news is now I'm gonna have to replace the driver's side. So, I'm just gonna re-order kits for headlights and fogs and call it a day.
    On to the pix.

AFTER EFF

Difference between factory lugs and aftermarkets for wheels

My buddy Marc took this. I was thoroughly pissed off by this point from all the tiny mishaps.

random pix afterwards

So, I have to get my grill painted and installed and I have to pick up the lip from Tony and get that painted too. Then, more motor work.
    Last edited by driftsucky; 04-10-2011, 07:41 PM.
    stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

bring the front down and itll look amazing
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

If I get the opp, I'll do it today. But it'll prolly be tomorrow. I'll take pix.

Comment

Im just gonna leave this here for inspiration it was a Heavy Hitters magazine car cover

Comment

true story, that WAS my inspiration. I almost bought those wheels. Once I got into that build though, I realized just how much work was done to it. Way above my budget, but if I could....

Comment

coilovers or air coming to this?

Comment

Originally posted by robcouzens View Post
              coilovers or air coming to this?
              I assume coils cuz he said he adjusted the rear twice and was too lazy to do the front. On that note, can't wait to see it dropped down. What's up with the tape up front? Trying to match your fender roll and didnt take the tape off for the pics?
              Last edited by e36cruiser; 04-09-2011, 02:50 PM. Reason: Ninja edit: Meant coils not air
              E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
              E36 M3 Mugello rot
              GEN2 TUNDRA CM
              https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

lookin good

Comment

Originally posted by e36cruiser View Post
                  I assume air cuz he said he adjusted the rear twice and was too lazy to do the front. On that note, can't wait to see it dropped down. What's up with the tape up front? Trying to match your fender roll and didnt take the tape off for the pics?

coils are on it now. BCR to be exact. I've got a bit more room I can get it down, but it's only gonna get so low cuz of the wheels. I can do maybe 3/4 of an inch in the rear. front, I got all types of room...obviously.

The tape is where I marked off for the part I was rolling my fenders. Since I just snapped some shots, and aren't still done, the tape stayed.

Just an shot of how low the coils will go from last year.

Last edited by driftsucky; 04-08-2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

I always said 300c's would look sick if done proper. Way to go, it is coming along quite well!
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/phoenx_10

Comment

those wheels look pretty slick on there chief. now will slightly more lows, youll be set.
                      Last edited by OG patina; 04-08-2011, 06:44 PM. Reason: cant spell

Comment

thanks for the compliments

Comment

very nice car! love the low pics

Comment

i'd really like to see this with a different wheel/tire setup

-Updated 07-29-2013- _ padraig@deathsquad.ca _ _

Comment

nice to see 300c's get done proper. nice work. more low=]
                              sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1378227303

Comment

Working...
                              X