No announcement yet.

FC RX7...This could take awhile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im not the best photographer like I said but, I want to get better and that takes practice, not sure where holly oaks is but im sure its not hard to find

Comment

• Near St. Johns bluff
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
      Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

• I was just up there today lol. So when we meeting up for photos lol

Comment

• what do you want to take pictures of? like cars and burnouts and stuff like that? Or just shoot the shit and of plants and buildings and lights and whatnot? Cause, they have the art walk every first wednesday of the month and that's always a good time to do shootings in downtown. If you wanna do car stuff, lemme get some wheels on my car or do something else to my car, cause it hasn't changed much since the last photos I put up. But I would love it for me not to be the only one with a camera, cause normally I always have to get other people to drive my car if I want a rolling shot of my car. Now I won't have to. Maybe in a month, I have a big show on Thanksgiving weekend so I'm gonna be pretty busy till then. My friend with an E30 wanted to get together to shoot some pictures too. So ya we should post up a possible date and stuff here maybe and try to get a group together or something you know? Maybe have a cruise around 3rd street or over the Daimespoint or drive to a bar lol Idk,
          Instagram: danimal._
          Mercedes Build Thread
          Falcon Build Thread

Comment

• Might end up having to wait till next year, I am getting ready to head out on deployment here this month, and from the sound of it Ill be working 12 on 12 off till we leave..

Comment

• Hope to see this build come to fruition next year. I probably missed it somewhere previously in this thread, but are you in the armed forces? Regardless, good luck with deployment. Japan of all places, lucky bastard. I actually plan on getting an FC for a drift build as well, after the New Year. I'm down in the Miami area, so who knows, we might cross paths at a event one day. Cheers

Comment

• Sweet build. I almost picked up a clean fc shell for cheap with 5 lug, LSD, and bigger brakes and was gonna swap a ka24de in it. To little money, to many projects.

I wanna see this thing rolling! Er, I mean sliding. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by marcoSTEEZ View Post
                  Hope to see this build come to fruition next year. I probably missed it somewhere previously in this thread, but are you in the armed forces? Regardless, good luck with deployment. Japan of all places, lucky bastard. I actually plan on getting an FC for a drift build as well, after the New Year. I'm down in the Miami area, so who knows, we might cross paths at a event one day. Cheers
                  I am in the navy, and thanks I will be going back to japan for my next deployment as well. I do plan on bringing this to orlando I want to check out the scene down there so next year after things come together we shall see.

Originally posted by Woody View Post
                  Sweet build. I almost picked up a clean fc shell for cheap with 5 lug, LSD, and bigger brakes and was gonna swap a ka24de in it. To little money, to many projects.

I wanna see this thing rolling! Er, I mean sliding. Lol
                  Thanks I cant wait to finish her up next year alot of time spent planning this so over the next 6 months I will post all the parts that are ordered. Not ordering but one they are ordered they will get posted. I cant wait to return and see my parts room lol.

Why would you want a ka24de in a fc? Its different but why?

Comment

• Well 4 days till I leave for Japan, figured I would throw a update in here. Pretty much nothing has happened, started to do bodywork on the new door, but ran out of time and have tons to do before I can leave. So stopped through some quick primer over everything and put the door back on.

I have been starting to read up on the wiring and the new motor so I can "TRY" to do it myself lol. So far ive gone through every wire in the rear harness and traced where they all go. Next I am going through the engine harness followed by the main harness that goes behind the dash. hopefully after I finish this I can start going through the fsm and figuring out what each connector does and where they all go so it will make it easier when I get the new harness. Also this will help me when I start to cut the harness down to the minimals since I wont have a radio, speakers, ac, heat, pretty much anything to make it nice lol.

If anyone has any suggestions on learning to read wiring diagrams and such please do post up.

Thanks
                    Mande

Comment

• when you get back?
                      Instagram: danimal._
                      Mercedes Build Thread
                      Falcon Build Thread

Comment

• nice work lamar, best to you on the deployment

subbed

Comment

• nice tats

Comment

• Originally posted by HWY HNTR View Post
                            when you get back?
                            I should be back around may-june time frame, and I should be back to a room full of parts including the swap kit, coils, full kit, seat brackets, wheels.. and thats just to name a few lol. This is going to be a expensive deployment but Its time to reenlist and keep a job so I will get a major bonus...

Originally posted by softg View Post
                            nice work lamar, best to you on the deployment

subbed
                            Thanks softg, cant wait to get back and update this.

Originally posted by yotatuner View Post
                            nice tats
                            Thanks, I hope to get them finished up in Japan and I will post those up here as well. So stay tuned.

Comment

• Awesome Build...wish i could do something like that, mercedes wheels kinda look cool on it by the way...and in my opinion you should do a 20B(3 rotor) with a big turbo
                              And if you need any parts or ideas check out

Himni Racing, Turbocharger, Turbo, Garrett, Turbo Kit, GReddy, Mazda RX-7, HKS, Apexi, TiAL, TurboXS, TurboSmart, Flange, Turbonetics, Exhaust, Intercooler, ACT, Intake : - Accessories Blow Off / Bypass Valves Boost Controllers Exhaust Fittings & Lines Turbo Flanges / Adapters Fuel Supply Turbo Gaskets Intercoolers Turbo Accessories -Other Turbochargers WasteGates Intercooler Pipes & Parts Turbo Silicone Couplers SUBARU Clamps VW / Audi MAZDA MITSUBISHI Pipes / Bends / Elbows /Tubes CLEARANCE ITEMS ecommerce, open source, shop, online shopping

They have a gallery link close to the bottom of their page and have a lot of pictures of cars they have worked on and the owner loves just about anything RX7(considering he has 4).
                              Best of luck, and this is a good inspiration.

Comment

• nice build. always love rx7's
                                1986 | BMW | 325

LEVINE AUTOMOTIVE

Comment

Working...
                                X