No announcement yet.

FC RX7...This could take awhile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like tons of fun.... Mercedes wheels are deff a rare choice..... go 5 lug conversion cause if you go adapters, the wheels will come out more and then flares would be in order

1982 Toyota Corolla Wagon TE72 build thread

Comment

I am planning on the 5lug conversion, ive been super busy at work latly, Flying everyday. I acctually have to go to work at 6pm to fly and i wont land till tomorrow at 6am. What a waste of a friday night and pretty much a saturday

Comment

Heres a preview of the interior minus the cage that is still to come.

Comment

Holy shit this looks clean! how did you get the sound deadening material out so well?
          Instagram: @B_OLSEN_
          1988 FC3s-LS3 track slut~in progress~
          1991 S13 Coupe-LS1 street beater
          2004 G35 Coupe track model-Work Wheels Static daily
          TUMBLR

Comment

Im in florida so its been heating for a long time lol, Took a small hammer and a putty knife and chipped away at it, then took some purple power and cleaned all the excess followed by some sanding and priming.. Color isnt exact but I wanted to see what it was going to look like, After I do the cage final paint will go on the interior

Comment

It looks great! Im also glad to see you cut off those speaker enclosures in the rear. I did as well and it looks so much cleaner. Do you plan on this being a street car or drift or trackday car?
              Instagram: @B_OLSEN_
              1988 FC3s-LS3 track slut~in progress~
              1991 S13 Coupe-LS1 street beater
              2004 G35 Coupe track model-Work Wheels Static daily
              TUMBLR

Comment

Daily drifter lol, I plan to daily it as much as possible, then trailer it to the track on the weekend to drift just incase it breaks

Comment

Well I destroyed my old door, its alright though because it wasnt in very good shape to begin with...

Went and got this today for $50 dollars.

Started tearing it down to the bare shell so i could use all the old parts from the old door. Making the power windows into manual windows. Also converting the S5 door wiring to S4 wiring.

After all was swapped I wanted to get it hung and make sure everything still fit up correctly which it did. Now I can relax and when I return from scotland I will do the bodywork on the door, finish up the bodywork on the rear then it will be time for deployment and 6 months of no progress...

Comment

Build is dope! Too bad you have to go away for a while. Looking forward to this.

Comment

I dont mind having to leave, its to Japan, so im hoping to look for some cool parts while I am there, plus its going to pay for all the work going on as soon as I get back.

I changed my mind on the motor swap, not letting it out of the bag yet but tomorrow I will post some updated photos of the car.. Been really busy.

Comment

So heres the update on my car/garage

Its covered in sawdust from a project ive got going here at the house, that "should" be complete tomorrow.
                        Heres what ive been up to...

Took this

turned it into this

then I kept going and turned this

into this

Ive never done woodwork before, but I did all of this myself, All the cuts ive been doing in the garage and I tell you what, I cant wait for it to be complete because my ocd for a clean garage is killing me right now, all I wanna do is clean it out lol.

Sry no car updates but I should have something new that some might appreciate others probably not so much this weekend or next week.

Comment

nice work man on the car and the house

Comment

Thanks, cant wait to finish these last few rows. Then its on to deployment and waiting to get home to finish this build up

Comment

love this! but how did you manage to destroy your door?
                              sigpic

Comment

Great build, love it so far! Have you decided on a color yet?
                                slamburglars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X