Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that wing is amazing

Comment

• nothing special today, got the fittings for the brake reservoir and test fit them, might need to change them for different angles, not sure. also got the revised front alternator bracket from my mate yesterday. christmas weekend should be fun!

Comment

• sweet build color is awsome

Comment

• finished welding up the pedalbox yesterday and threw a (very crappy) coat of silver on it.

today i bolted the pedalbox and master cylinders in(taking the brake masters out requires removing the pedalbox, thats gon suck!!)

still need to sort out the reservoir mounting and plumbing, but thats easy

and bent the clutch pedal to clear the steering rack(moved it over to clear the brake bias bar, might move it over a bit more yet). need to cut the brake pedal to suit a clutch pedal rubber(used an auto pedal because i couldnt spare my manual one at the time :p)

Comment

• nice build, absolutely adore E21's. don't see many in Australia.
            IG: wade_rees_
            BMW 320i E30 turbo

Comment

• subscribed.

Rival House Garage. #allstarmotorwerke
              A Sherman Schwartz story build thread.

Comment

• did some more work, havent had this much progress in ages, feels good

tested the remote brake bias adjuster to see if it cleared the accelerator pedal with everything at max travel, just touches the accel pedal with accel and brake pedals to the floor, but its flexible, so doesnt matter, and im not going to adjust it at full throttle and brake anyway

also cut down the brake pedal to fit a manual rubber

so i routed the cable and made a bracket for the knob. nice and solid. notice i removed the radio and center console, will be mounting a fire extinguisher on the tunnel, need one for doing local track/hillclimb days

and i spaced the clutch pedal over a bit more(spacer is a cut down chain tensioner, perfect fit ), clearance shot between steering column and brake bias adjustment bar. now i just have to sort out linking the clutch master, just a rose joint and bolt welded to pedal will work fine. id use the old setup, but its worn and the master is imperial thread now.

Comment

• setup a heim joint on the clutch pedal today, probably needs adjusting once fluids done

found my spare pedal rubbers, screwed the brake masters into the pedal setup(also probably needs adjusting), threw the brake light switch on and took a photo

clutch pedal is ~1/2 inch further away from brake pedal than stock now, which isnt a biggy for me. trying to decide if i setup a stopper for the clutch master at rest, stock didnt have one, have to move my full depressed stopper over a bit too, again will worry about that when fluid is done

Comment

• bolted the brake reservoir on today, and hooked up the lines to the master cylinders. gotta get a stack load of brake fluid, and i can flush the lines and start bleeding calipers.(front at least for now, still gotta bolt up rear subframe)

Comment

• so this is happening(been waiting 3 months, coz stupid me got them "shipped" by boat

Comment

• Nice Flares, that Brake setup is sick !

Comment

• got a couple days off work, so after doing some other stuff around town, i decided to have a play with the flares.

put the older style front on, cut the lip down so the front spoiler fits

this is with the simmons 16s, was considering 17s, but that ideas out the window might even drop back to 15s yet

and repositioned the back one to where its better suited, then next thing i know id drilled holes in the body at the back :S no turning back now :p

Comment

• Looking great man, respect for all the custom fitting and bracketry!

With the wing, what'd you use to remove the old silicone? I bought a 2nd hand BBS wing for my e30 but the studs are missing and I sort of don't want to drill into my boot :p so was hoping I could clean off the old glue and stick the wing with sikaflex alone.. :-/

Comment

• Sick build!
                              It's gonna be a crude project or a new coat of paint will cover the E21?
                              '09 VW Golf MK6 2.0 TDI DSG
                              R lookalike

Comment

• Originally posted by Ant View Post
                                Looking great man, respect for all the custom fitting and bracketry!

With the wing, what'd you use to remove the old silicone? I bought a 2nd hand BBS wing for my e30 but the studs are missing and I sort of don't want to drill into my boot :p so was hoping I could clean off the old glue and stick the wing with sikaflex alone.. :-/
                                funnily enough, it jsut rolled off the wing with my thumb. mustve been a cheap ass silicone.

Originally posted by PedroM View Post
                                Sick build!
                                It's gonna be a crude project or a new coat of paint will cover the E21?
                                i still need to paint the roof and bonnet, but not sure if i want to go fresh paint + gloss, or stick with the satin finish. flares will most likely be satin black.

Comment

Working...
                                X