• Show
Clear All

why has no one said this yet....

THE LIBYANS!!!

"Everything has potential."

Comment

wait wat ? lol
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
      Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

well i finally bought some adjusters from wagenswest for 100 dollars to lower the front 5 inches and if thats low enough i might just get some drop spindles or yank torsion leaves
        the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.

Comment

i used rustoleum on my beetle and had great results, used a gun tho not in the cans but it can be done with a roller if needed, i wouldnt do a clear tho if you wanna keep a more original paint look to it
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

i mean like i am really low on funds right now because im young and have no job haha and i am not really going for the origanal paint look because blue isnt original haha. my plan is to paint it after im done with pretty much anything unless i get a good deal on paint.

Comment

ok no clear coat now i changed my mind haha but the adjusters still arent here so no lows until then mean while body work a little engine work and i know this is really white trash but im poor and this is cheap and plus ill be able to keep up with traffic http://www.performancechiptuning.com...PSI+Vortex/10/
              what do you guys think?

Comment

ok i am finally about to get this thing rollin i got the adjusters today in the mail but they didnt come with instructions so ill have to figure that out i guess.

ohh and about that knife, its the only one i had handy...

Ohh.. i took the carb off today because we think when we rebuilt it we left something out,and i fixed some more unwanted rust. sorry no pics but will have some possibly tomarrow
                Last edited by Madhatter; 07-11-2011, 04:15 PM.

Comment

today i looked at the carb and when i rebuilt the carb i left out the float :facepalm: so i am going to buy one of them since mine is no where to be found and i got the old broken bolts out of the axles and got some new boots and those will be up soon enough.

Comment

thats what i was looking for! (got a parts carb for 20 buck of CL)

Put the float in my good carb

Just sitting in there

my 5 second diagram

All hooked up

Video of it running

well it revved way high because the linkage stuck, i fixed that as well

Comment

tonight around 920 i realized i wasnt done working on the beast and worked on it until around 1045 tonight

here is one of my axles when i took it off (forgot to take a pic of both but they look the same)

Cutting those boots off

just got them off

Got most of that gook off with a old razor blade and clear coated the axles just to try it

My new boots im putting on tomorrow (have to rent a tool to completely take the axles apart)

tomorrow i might take on a test drive, we will see

Comment

today i came to the conclusion i needed this to strip the axles down

must have done the trick!

did the same thing on the other side

figured out how to get the metal plate off that was originally attached to the boots

all done and rapped up in plastic to keep dirt out of the grease

well thats it for today tomorrow i will do the other axle and hopefully go on a ride we will see
                        Last edited by Madhatter; 08-04-2011, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          why has no one said this yet....

THE LIBYANS!!!
                          LOL. I thought the same thing.

http://youtu.be/NDS81Ibazdk?t=18s
                          Last edited by HKSpeed; 07-28-2011, 11:30 PM.

Comment

as soon as i saw doc lol dont count on me and my people doing that any time tho lol

Comment

Anyway today i wanted to do some bodywork,

* so i got me old dremel tool out

Well after breaking 2 of the cutting disks within 5 minutes i was done with that and got this out

and realized i needed to wear some glasses so i went and got some of the glasses we got from sowo* 8)

Well i cut that out and in the process i caught my finger on fire lol

And then my dad got home and we tackled the other axle ( i got the cir-clips off all by myself)

got both sides off

work station

getting the old boot casings off

out with the old..in with the new

one side complete

other side mostly complete

so now all i have to do tomorrow is bodywork, brakes, put axles on, wash? maybe,* clean out inside,* and possibly drive it

Comment

well today did a little bit of body work, a lot of sanding, and got the axles on , but not all of the bolts in.
                                but i didn't get near as much work done as i wanted to i worked on my bus for at least 5-6 hours today and i am not even finishes with the axles.

this part is complete

one side is on

next side is on!

I thought this looked cool, would be awesome with a legit camera

Comment

Working...
                                X