No announcement yet.

1972 bay window bus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh and here is the link http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/pts/2425146845.html i talked him down
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
    Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

any suggestions i guess?
      the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.

Comment

that thing is a lot of work bro. i dont know how much the floor pan costs on these things but that thing is going to need a lot of money put into it.

Comment

yeah it prolly will haha but like its kinda gonna be a ratrod so im getting it running and get low ya kno? and if nothing works out i can part it out or somethin, i mean for 125 i think i could flip it or something haha and i might have a build thread on it today if i gets it. ohh and floor pans are like 120-140 a peice if you get the two peices the back and the front or w/e but the (heavy duty) ones are like 150 per side buti could prolly get them at shows and shtuff

Comment

dont worry guys im not getting it it is completely split in half from rust so ill just wait and find one after the bus is nice i guess

Comment

cant wait to see more!
              Counter Kultur.com

Comment

i know man i know right now im just doing bodywork and i dont have a good camera cause my room mate took his rebel back and at this time i dont have job but as of right now i am saving for a progressive carb kit because i think the float is stuck in one of my carbs so im done with the dual carbs haha im getting one two barrel instead of 2 1 barrels haha and you have vw stickers? like what?

Comment

and btw i really need to get low does anyone know how to get low the cheapest way possible with a vw bus

Comment

Originally posted by Madhatter View Post
                    and btw i really need to get low does anyone know how to get low the cheapest way possible with a vw bus
                    cut springs? do a google search maby. cant be too difficult.

Comment

haha i wish i had springs man it would already be low, but thank anyway for your help!

Comment

The back is free to lower, remove your springplates, turn them a spline, put em back on, simple!

1 outer spline = 2 inches on bugs, not sure about busses.

For the front you could reduce the number of torsion leaves but it's not a safe method, the best is to buy and weld on adjusters, they don't cost much and you can go very low depending on the angle you weld them in.

Good to see some aircooled guys on here! Good luck with the rest of your build!

Comment

thx alot man i will prolly get low after i get the axles put back on and the progressive carb kit and do you know were to get these adapters?

Comment

is this wat you were talking about maybe? http://store.airkewld.com/e-shop-onl...e-sliders.html
                            and good news for the back i found this http://books.google.com/books?id=7xN...%20bus&f=false

Comment

this is what you were referring to right? http://www.wagenswest.com/partstore/...adjusters.html

Comment

ok well i have some lil updates....
                                i came up to a little oil leak.... i think its the carb, me and my friend rebuilt it but i think we missed something and gas is getting in the oil

and i got these a couple of weeks ago for 90 usd haha i dont have my priorities straight i guess

and something that most will prolly **** body work with SOME bondo but not alot
                                ohh and now the bus is showing its true colors.... orange???

i was thinking of sanding it down to bare medal and stuff to clearcoat for a lil while until i get real money to get a good paint job and with clear coat it wont rust and you can buy clear coat in the can now. What is your stand on the clearcoat issue?
                                Last edited by Madhatter; 06-26-2011, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X