Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haha, im not sure, if i can find one cheap maybe,
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
    Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

• just messin'

guy over here has done that

tho with a top end subie engine

result => his chassis is crooked from all the power lol

imo the deep rumble from a vrsex will be awesome too
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• haha, i think a vr will be nice, i am most likely buying another car now, my bus will be my full time project, that way i dont need to rush it, There is a 280zx around me for cheap, i may pick that up for a dd.
        the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.

Comment

• great work man... and a very interesting read

http://www.mvip.com.au
          clicky^

Comment

• Thanks! should be getting some real progress done soon!

Comment

• fwiw, the vr won't go into the bus like you have illustrated, output shaft is on the right of the engine, so it would have to be put in sideways to mate to the tranny i'm sure a subie engine swap would be much simpler and more cost-effective than the vr would turn out to be, although I understand wanting to keep it German. love the bus though, and keep up the work and dreaming!
              -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
              -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
              -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
              -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

• Thanks man! it was just a mock-up, i know the Subaru motor would be easier, but the Vr will be more fun haha, But first i have to get some money for the Suspension, and i may be buying another car for a Daily. Im thinking an old datsun, or something, just to drive, nothing crazy like im doing with this.

Comment

• You have a clean ride. Take it easy and slow down a bit. Being your young and funds are low. stick with an air cooled motor. I'm not saying to not do a crazy swap but it eats funds and takes a lot of time. It would be something you can do later down the road. keep up the good work you have a great foundation to start on!
                  Build it for a purpose.

Comment

• To be honest thats kinda what im thinking now, i mean, the bus will never be a daily most likely. So i need to get a car that will be daily worthy, and just have the bus as my weekend driver/ full time project.

Comment

• No real update except me wanting to kill myself because of the lack of funds i have for it, and i found my keys to it lol, But the main reason i came on here is because i made a facebook page a while back and never posted it on here, just "like" it i guess if you would, Parts are to be bought really soon, so dont give up on me yet!

Comment

• Ok new route being taken now, Throwing the beam back together the way it is, And seeing how low that gets me, then im buying drop spindles, so it should be around 4.5-5.5 inches lower than stock, in the meantime ill be either A) buying a dd B) saving for more mods or C) Enjoying the bus how it is for a while and Cruising around!

Comment

• I wont give up! I know how it sucks being a poor student.

Comment

• Thanks man! yeah encouragement helps!

Comment

• Yeah and I love your build because that's pretty much the way my project will progress.. on little funding , over a long time and on an old Volks hehe
                              Last edited by jrc; 03-28-2012, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• So like the thread will be starting over sorta then? Cept now it's primered right?
                                Instagram: danimal._
                                Mercedes Build Thread
                                Falcon Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X