No announcement yet.

1972 bay window bus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah i like stock one too, well see how my bus looks once i put it back together,
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
    Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

• If you want to go stupid low, you do need to have adjusters, narrow your beam and drop spindles. Like Widefive said that low on pulled torsions you start breaking stuff, like balljoints, the same reason my new project has adjusters and is narrowed (I need to narrow it more for the rims I plan on running on the front). Pulled torsions, in essence its like heating a coilspring, it makes the spring rate go down, when you narrow the torsions it not only moves your wheels in more, it also makes the front stiffer which is why alot of people, once they narrow it beyond a certain point, dont run shocks (that and they dont have the room). Oh and 2.5 to 3 inch is really when you pull all the small torsions, yours should be a half to an inch and a half, the ride wont be bouncy with only that many pulled, but it will be softer on the bumps. I probably should have explained this before, my bad.
      Last edited by projecthoarder; 02-28-2012, 06:43 PM.
      The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
      Originally posted by Dubway5887
      I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

• So say i get 2-3 inches lower from this, i may try some drop spindles, we'll see how it works out i guess. Thanks for the advice guys!!
        the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.

Comment

• that thing is sick but when you droppin it kneegrow?

Comment

• Thanks man! am soon hopefully, im kinda bummed about it still being so high to be honest, im getting some stuff to make it low soon. i actually got some ball joints today, so some some of the stuff is almost done. I just need to spend another 600 and itll be low.

Comment

• well to be honest, im really pissed off about the bus, seems like i cant do anything to it hardly anymore, im buying all new suspension for the front for 500 and drop plates for the back for 100, that will get me pretty low. comes with an adjustable beam, and drop spindles and the beam is narrowed. so once i get that real updates will be happening, i will probably just to continue doing bodywork and stuff like i have been doing. and i am thinking of stuff to do after the lowering it. I am thinking of several different motor swaps, i have thought of Subaru Ej22's, Subaru Ej22t's, Later aircooled motors(2.0L), Turboing my current 1.7, Ive thought of so much stuff, Ive even thought of doing a vr6 swap. i think that would be very original. and pretty quick. Let me know what you guys think, i am kinda likeing the watercooled swap because i live in Florida and it would be ok to drive daily and not have to worry about overheating.

Comment

• For instance Vr6 dream.
                For my crappy handwriting it says Adjustable beam, Porsche brakes, Drop plates, 24v Vr6. and on the motor it just says DOHC VR6

Comment

• how narrowed are you going? The vr6 swap would be the shit.
                  The hillbilly equivalent of a nasa substation worker.
                  Originally posted by Dubway5887
                  I felt bad for that dude. Of all places for a sink to be at a car show... Maybe sink holes like car shows like tornado's like trailer parks?

Comment

• Im getting a beam thats narrowed 4 inches. the funny part is with the beam all the way up, the bus cant go any lower because it would be hitting the body, ill probably be tubbing the inside eventually. i kinda cant wait. gotta save up 600 to get where i want it though.

P.S if everything goes right 150 bucks will be going to the fund later tonight. so theres a start i guess

Comment

• Sorry for the lack of work going on guys, Im saving for an all new front suspension, and being a high schooler and poor doesn't help, But i swear to you all, This is not going to be like every bus out there, It wont be on Fuchs, it wont have the stock engine, and it will be (hopefully) very,very low, So please dont give up on me yet guys,

Comment

• Originally posted by Madhatter View Post
                        Sorry for the lack of work going on guys, Im saving for an all new front suspension, and being a high schooler and poor doesn't help, But i swear to you all, This is not going to be like every bus out there, It wont be on Fuchs, it wont have the stock engine, and it will be (hopefully) very,very low, So please dont give up on me yet guys,
                        we get that. im saving for a wallet destroying jackson racing supercharger

Comment

• So we are in the same boat then , I figured i would give you guys a small list on my plans as of now, not sure if they will stay this way because i change my mind too much, but i think itll be like this.
                          -Lowered on adjustable beam
                          -Tubbed front seats(to go lower)
                          -wood floor
                          -Black headliner
                          -Thinking of Bmw seats?
                          -Porsche Brakes
                          -Some sort of Mercedes wheels at a later date, probably something cheap for now.
                          -Vr6 swap
                          -Buy a 6 rib tranny and rebuild for performance/to use with vr6 and adapter plate
                          -rebuilt Vr6 for more performance after stock one
                          -Paint Obviously
                          -Small stuff from here, like Cb radio, Small stereo system, Wheelie Bars, other stuff, but first comes first, gotta get my front beam haha

Comment

• if u planning a swap, why not a subie boxer engine?

FTW
                            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Because its expensive, and i think sticking with a vw engine would be nice.

Comment

• boxer engine justsaying

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Working...
                                X