• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's AWESOME

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
      O ok but it was actually talking about the frame rail?

Dope build BTW man, i love you jumped into barely knowing how to tack weld hahaha
      oh well duh I see what you're pointing out. Yeah they will just be sanded and painted most likely. Luckily the two frame rails are the only thing that will have to remain on the car, the rest drops out like this

Comment

• O sweet.. yeah, i'm sorry for the confusion idk if it was something you noticed or not... I love this build so HARD lol

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• dudeee i can't even tell you how much respect I have for your 02 build. I sold mine back in May and I really regret it
          Here's my build: http://www.egarage.com/current-inter...uild-bmw-2002/

Comment

• Talk about a build! That's some serious work. Awesome job on the car so far.

Comment

• Barely stopped for food today.....

The civic's trans took a poop, so I had make something to hold the engine when we pull the trans. Basically made a ghetto strut bar... I thought it was kinda silly.

Going to try to finish up the tunnel and cut out the bottom of front subframe so I can wedge the radiator in this weekend. Will update soon!

Comment

• Love this shot. I always enjoy seeing your updates on this, amazing work and build so far...look forward seeing more.

Originally posted by Heist View Post
                S50

Comment

• Glad you got some updates in - For (possible) future reference, it may be easier to build a little cage around the transmission first, then weld the sheet metal on top, like this:

But then again I don't know crap, just from reading too many build threads :P

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• 1st post.

This thread made me register.

Comment

• The level of work in this build is unbelievable. Yeah, it took me 3 hours to go through the thread, but you actually did all the work involved! Nice job man, keep it up!

Love the bike too!

Comment

• Heist is back and with the full might of his welder! Great updates! Keep up the good work. You've inspired me to start work on a 2002 of my own.

Comment

• TeckniX- Mine was pretty straight forward and I had some thicker gauge sheet metal so the skeleton would have just been more work, but yeah if you want a lot of angles, I would recommend building a skeleton like that.

Thanks everyone happy I can inspire you all! Feels great.

Some updates from today. Picked up a bunch of metal (including my future dash, but that will have to wait till next week )

Smashed out the bottom of the radiator support and the top will be really easy it's just going to be some handles from the bar frame. My dumbass forgot to buy the rubber grommets though.... just ordered 50 for like 6$ on mcmaster.... going to be a week before I can cut the grommet seats and get it laid in, but here is the some pictures of the progress

Comment

• I need MOAR!

Comment

• love your simplistic approach to both the '02 and the bike. especially with the bike. honda rebel?

Comment

• Originally posted by Godzilla View Post
                                love your simplistic approach to both the '02 and the bike. especially with the bike. honda rebel?
                                sure is! thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X