Heist's Build Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
    awesome! how did you go about rolling the fenders? did you do it before or after you welded them on? I have a fender rolling tool but I'm debating just cutting the tabs out
    best thing to do imo is to round bar the lips.
    get like 1/4" or smaller round bar and weld it inside the lip and cut the excess off.

bagged trucks do this to avoid buckling the fender when turning while tucking wheel.

Comment

• interesting.. any pics of someone doing this round bar welding? I feel like it'd be adding metal where you're trying to remove a bunch for clearance

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• That is a pretty great idea, I'll have to look into that. I could see it affecting fitment though as it would create less clearance.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• I rolled them once I got them on the car. bar sounds interesting never would have thought of that.

Little update. Managed to drive down the driveway on her own.

Also took me all day and night today, but I got the f20 in my garage finally. I'm going to build a engine test stand and start the wiring and stuff soon to make sure everything works. Sounds easy.... probably going to take me a month easy haha....

Comment

• You can get U shaped stuff like that round bar aswell, would be better for clearance if you went down that route

Love checking this thread, you always have quality updates! Cannot wait to see a vid of it driving around

Comment

• Epic! Can't wait to see it all completed, which glad to say it won't be far from now
              sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• Nice engine choice. I have in my 2002.
                Been on the road six months now.

Comment

• wow F20 shes gonna scream. cant wait for more updates!!!

Comment

• built this out of scrap metal today. Little test stand makes it easy to slide the power plant around the garage.

So now the reading begins. wiring wiring wiring

Comment

• Excellent build!

Comment

• This is going really well.

Comment

• yeah it's looking really good man.

Comment

• Throttle bodies...Do it.

Comment

• So much WIN!

Comment

• Take your time as you did on the body man. This needs a perfect engine! Are you thinking about any mods to the engine?

Comment

Working...
                                X