No announcement yet.

Heist's Build Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a well deserved 900th comment! I love every step towards the finish product. Thanx for sharing this journey with us!

edit: x5x stole my place haha

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• I'm picking up some black simple screens for the speakers so its not so obnoxious. I wanted to get it all in prior to the window.

Thanks everyone and black on black is very tempting. I love how aggressive it looks... even though it kills the contrast and depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by E30LIFE View Post
        So let me get this straight... You did all this work, so you could park it next to some girls beetle at school? You might as well just take out the ball peen now and start hitting your doors. That way you can be mentally prepared for the amount of door dings school parking lots cause. hahaha

In all seriousness. The build is obviously epic so far. Awesome to see your skills improve over time.
        I find the way you apply cold filler a little weird. It seems like you make a lot more work for yourself than needed. But if it gives you piece of mind, it doesn't really matter. The fab work is pretty cool. I personally love the fuel cell exposed like that.(inner ricer douche). As far as the wheels go, I think you should do semi-gloss black center on a gloss black lip with polished hardware. I personally think the whole bright color center thing makes you look like your trying too hard, and might damage the character of your car. All personal preference though. hahah
        Keep it up as always man!
        haha yeah well luckily all the lowered kids park in the back lot so everyones pretty careful with the doors.

I'm confused on the cold filler? can you elaborate on what I did and what cold filler is?

Comment

• I love your build and the amount of progress you make in such little time. Your hours of hard work and devotion should be inspiration to all. You built your 02 around those wheels and they will definitely make or break it in the end. I know opinions are like a**holes, but I really think you should keep the gold centers and polished lip. It's such a classy look for the 02 and will compliment those flares and white paint. Whichever direction you chose your 02 will still be one of the nicest out there. Definitely paved the road for other to follow!

Comment

• I'm really excited about seeing this thing together! Excellent work!
            justindanger.com
            justindanger.tumblr.com
            190rev.net

Comment

• I like the black with copper a lot.
              tumblr
              flickr
              instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Heist View Post
                haha yeah well luckily all the lowered kids park in the back lot so everyones pretty careful with the doors.

I'm confused on the cold filler? can you elaborate on what I did and what cold filler is?
                cold filler or body filler is what most people refer to as "Bondo"... In all reality Bondo is a brand.... The product they are known for making is a filler. They actually make some of the worst filler you can buy. Evercoat makes quality filler for future reference. I'm also surprised you decided to use so much filler when you seem like you are comfortable with metal work. Should have broken out the hammer and dollie for some of that stuff and got your hands dirty! hahah

Where are you located by the way?

Comment

• Thanks^^^ appreciate the positive comments

Originally posted by E30LIFE View Post
                  cold filler or body filler is what most people refer to as "Bondo"... In all reality Bondo is a brand.... The product they are known for making is a filler. They actually make some of the worst filler you can buy. Evercoat makes quality filler for future reference. I'm also surprised you decided to use so much filler when you seem like you are comfortable with metal work. Should have broken out the hammer and dollie for some of that stuff and got your hands dirty! hahah

driver door is the only area with a large amount of filler. The metal was so thin and hacked up I didn't wanna make it worse. In due time it will be replaced, but thanks for the insight.

I'm in Huntington Beach, CA.

little update. I'm calling the PC place up this week and probably going to go with the blk/blk and copper bolts for the wheels. Simple, clean, and aggressive. Also just purchased BMP side skirts, which will probably be modified and fitted to flow with the fenders. After that it should really start taking shape

Comment

• Glad you pulled the trigger. Now get it rolling so people can start hattin

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• Dang you are only out in huntington?
                      Hope I can come check this thing out sometime. I'm always over off brookhurst hanging out at the beach.
                      It would be cool to stop by and check it out sometime.

Comment

Dang you are only out in huntington?
                        Hope I can come check this thing out sometime. I'm always over off brookhurst hanging out at the beach.
                        It would be cool to stop by and check it out sometime.
                        +1

when its done you need to take this to cars and coffee.

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
                        Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• yeah I will be taking it all over once I get it driving.

semesters almost over so I'm swamped with school and still waiting for seals.
                          Managed to start the poor thing and it turned over first try. Little M10 does not wanna give up. Just need to bleed the brakes and I can roll it around a little.

Theme is set at White(main), Black, and copper accents.

Comment

• awesome! how did you go about rolling the fenders? did you do it before or after you welded them on? I have a fender rolling tool but I'm debating just cutting the tabs out

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

i agree there i use Evercoat and gold rage there the best in the biss

Comment

• bump back from the 9th page! lovin it
                                @DollaDollaDill

Comment

Working...
                                X