Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeeeeeesh. nice.

Comment

• Dude fuck it, just DD on those wheels. It'll look good all the time. There's no problem with daily driving expensive wheels.

Or if you don't want to, just wait and save up to buy some sweet set of splits that aren't too expensive and refinish then DD on those. Fuck reps after all that work.
      I dislike Byron.

Comment

• looking good so far cant wait to see it finished

Comment

• Originally posted by got splits? View Post
          Dude fuck it, just DD on those wheels. It'll look good all the time. There's no problem with daily driving expensive wheels.

Or if you don't want to, just wait and save up to buy some sweet set of splits that aren't too expensive and refinish then DD on those. Fuck reps after all that work.
          I agree 100%, roll them till you can afford to pick up something else that has the character your car deserves. This is an excellent build so big up to you my friend.

Comment

• this is the first time I've actually liked the look of square tails. Random question, how is your inner fender clearance on the front when making turns? Does it hit anywhere?

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• Holy shit.

Mind = Blown.
              - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

• It needs a license plate that reads "bacon"
                Last edited by Bobbythunder; 04-26-2012, 01:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                  this is the first time I've actually liked the look of square tails. Random question, how is your inner fender clearance on the front when making turns? Does it hit anywhere?
                  i'm thinking everywhere at that height once everything is back in it.. will no doubt need to be raised up a bit

Comment

• Perfection

Comment

• The front has 1-3mm clearance from the strut tube. I used a big hammer and smashed the rear inner fender in and gained a lot more clearance. I'm sure under hard turns I will feel it rubbing, but I can just get a big hammer out again. I'm very interested to see how the outer clearance works. I'm waiting to finish it and get it rolling so I can test it out. One of the main reasons I have not refinished the wheels incase it touches the lip.

Knocked out some 5 year old photoshops today though (my colors are off its been awhile since I played in ps)

not saying I like any of the above yet, just helps me visualize.

Comment

• Nice Build. Great Paintjob! This makes me want to sell my E28 and buy a 02 -.-
                        Do you really want to put this ugly speakers in the back?!

edit: If you don't want to stay at the classic polished/gold look, I would take black/black.
                        Last edited by neat.fab; 04-26-2012, 03:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by neat.fab View Post
                          Do you really want to put this ugly speakers in the back?!
                          Was thinking the same, those speakers don't fit the car at all. Some decent gray/black without weird shapes def would.

Comment

• I was thinking about colours for this the other day...what about a really deep purple for the centers? Idk, it might looks pretty sweet.

I like the second photoshop

Comment

• So let me get this straight... You did all this work, so you could park it next to some girls beetle at school? You might as well just take out the ball peen now and start hitting your doors. That way you can be mentally prepared for the amount of door dings school parking lots cause. hahaha

In all seriousness. The build is obviously epic so far. Awesome to see your skills improve over time.
                              I find the way you apply cold filler a little weird. It seems like you make a lot more work for yourself than needed. But if it gives you piece of mind, it doesn't really matter. The fab work is pretty cool. I personally love the fuel cell exposed like that.(inner ricer douche). As far as the wheels go, I think you should do semi-gloss black center on a gloss black lip with polished hardware. I personally think the whole bright color center thing makes you look like your trying too hard, and might damage the character of your car. All personal preference though. hahah
                              Keep it up as always man!

Comment

• I loved everything about this car, until I saw those speakers...

I like the blk/blk btw

Comment

Working...
                                X