No announcement yet.

Heist's Build Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also I'm going to be freeway driving this to school for the next 2 years so I'm looking at some vars 16x8 +0/+15 that just came out. I know reps shitty blah blah, but I'm not down to destroy my VSXX's and toss tires once a month haha.

Comment

• Seems like a good idea. BM8/Shakotan from Rota might be something to look at too?

Comment

• If your not opposed to reps. these come in 4x100 16x8 et0 or et20 rotas not a bad choice either for DD beater wheels.

Next Level Motoring is the #1 distributor of XXR Wheels worldwide. We guarantee the lowest shipped price on every XXR 531 Wheel. Financing available.

For Sale - e24 Build thread

Add me on Facebook
        Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• Nada wrong with running reps for daily beating. There's definitely no sense destroying a nice set of wheels and spending more money on tires that you could on some other stuff
          '13 Civic
          4x4 until not poor

Comment

• Rota scares the shit out of me and i was looking at XXR, just don't like the multi bolt pattern look. So I still think the vars still are the best. Thanks for the links though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Heist View Post
              Rota scares the shit out of me and i was looking at XXR, just don't like the multi bolt pattern look. So I still think the vars still are the best. Thanks for the links though!
              yeah multi bolt annoys the shit out of me too but hey for DD they are the right price.

Add me on Facebook
              Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• I think the vars are exactly the same price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heist View Post
                  I think the vars are exactly the same price.
                  I was refering to reps in general they are not exactly what we want but you make certain sacrafices for cost.

Add me on Facebook
                  Instagram @Dared_Turtle

Comment

• Matte black centers with a matte cream/tan color lip with matching bolts?

Comment

• teal/ torquise centers with the polished lips would be beautiful

Comment

• I've been thinking the same thing lately. As "frowned upon" as replicas are, it's just not worth it to run such expensive wheels for a daily commuter. I think the Varrstoen's would look great, I've been considering a similar set for my '02 (Rota Grid-V 15x8 et0).

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
                          i say brush the lips, then throw a clear tint on them. will give it some depth, and that tinted surface would be a nice combo on the white paint. faces could be just about anything under the sun, so i need to think about that one a bit. maybe just bead blast them and leave the faces that raw metal finish. the glass bead also leaves a small metallic flake look to the finish after a nice even blast. It would definitely be a simple and very effective look
                          ^ this is great for sure, something very material oriented as opposed to a paint/powder. I would add the copper or bronze bolts to this in a heart beat

Originally posted by Bra1nl3ss View Post
                          This might be nice
                          ^ no, please no, it's a west coast customs car, and the stormtroop thing is not fitting in my opinion

Originally posted by Heist View Post
                          I have a few more days to think it out. Also no clear has been applied yet... so you can imagine the gloss I'm trying to get

thanks for the opinions keep them coming!
                          ^ I can imagine that after the effort already put in and the 12 coats of clear this will gleam and shimmer and another other descriptive shiny synonym as well. have you checked out raderworks for some dd wheels? not as wide as you may like but... keep up the great work, now it's time for the f20 to get sorted

Comment

• Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
                            i say brush the lips, then throw a clear tint on them. will give it some depth, and that tinted surface would be a nice combo on the white paint. faces could be just about anything under the sun, so i need to think about that one a bit. maybe just bead blast them and leave the faces that raw metal finish. the glass bead also leaves a small metallic flake look to the finish after a nice even blast. It would definitely be a simple and very effective look
                            Originally posted by softg View Post
                            ^ this is great for sure, something very material oriented as opposed to a paint/powder. I would add the copper or bronze bolts to this in a heart beat
                            That's my vote. Copper bolts. Do it.
                            IG: ossiep

Comment

• Sweet thread! kept me busy for a good 2 hours!

soooooo

You still got that f20c?

Comment

• Solo Schweeeeet. I want moar updates. May have been lost in the past 30 pages but what are you going to do with the interior. Standalone seat and f the rest?

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Working...
                                X