No announcement yet.

Heist's Build Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I bet it feels soooooooo good to have the car coming together like this. There is a certain perfection in imperfection. If everything is to "perfect" it will actually end up looking off to your eye. It will not look natural.

Comment

• I am so excited right now

and I agree with "340i", you would've hated your life had you tried to make every little detail perfect. That's one thing I've learned so far with my project as well, there is no way that I can get that car in perfect, rust free, "from the factory" shape, and I'm ok with it. I think instead of trying to justify why you couldn't do it "perfectly", be stoked on all the work that you did yourself. It's seriously incredible what you turned this car into, and it's a huge inspiration for other people to realize that these kinds of projects are possible with relatively basic tools, free time and the motivation to stick through it all.

I'm pumped for you dude, the body work looks fantastic.

also, if you don't mind me asking, about how much did you spend altogether on paint? You can PM me if you want.
      Last edited by CubbyChowder; 03-29-2012, 11:09 PM.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• Me gusta!

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

• balls are tingling

Comment

• i cannot wait to see this finished!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by axelillo_PR View Post
              balls are tingling

Comment

• starting to come together nicely

+14 internetz for you and your build

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
                http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

• Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                  I am so excited right now

and I agree with "340i", you would've hated your life had you tried to make every little detail perfect. That's one thing I've learned so far with my project as well, there is no way that I can get that car in perfect, rust free, "from the factory" shape, and I'm ok with it. I think instead of trying to justify why you couldn't do it "perfectly", be stoked on all the work that you did yourself. It's seriously incredible what you turned this car into, and it's a huge inspiration for other people to realize that these kinds of projects are possible with relatively basic tools, free time and the motivation to stick through it all.

I'm pumped for you dude, the body work looks fantastic.

also, if you don't mind me asking, about how much did you spend altogether on paint? You can PM me if you want.

What he said

Comment

• Those flares came out awesome. Looks great.
                    tumblr
                    flickr
                    instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by mtmorto View Post
                      Those flares came out awesome. Looks great.
                      this x2
                      sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

• Thanks everyone! Started to sand today, again. I want an ultra gloss so I'm going to cut the base and apply clear over that. I know its controversial method, but I'm set on removing the orange peel.

Going to leave tomorrow and rains in the forecast so hopefully if I can wing it maybe get the clear on next weekend. Looking to get the wheels refinished soon so any input on color combos is appreciated! Currently have (matte black face, gloss black lip)/(burgundy face, black lip)/(tiffany face, black lip)(copper lip, black face) that I came up with today.

Comment

• Man, it's coming together! Nice work as always!
                          '13 Civic
                          4x4 until not poor

Comment

• CubbyChowder- primer and other prep chemicals I would say - $400
                            Sandpaper and cans for etching and guide coats - $300-500
                            Final paint I think I got 5 quarts and reducer plus I have to get clear so -$600

So final number I would say $1500 for the paint and supplies. SEM is not cheap I could have done it for like 600$ probably off summit or other generic paint.

Comment

• i like the rims the colour they are, but if you really want to change them up then maybe match them to whatever the interior colour scheme will be? my thoughts on black lips is that you lose the visual impact of the wheel as it doesn't contrast with the tyre, so often doesn't look as good as a polished or lightly coloured lip
                              sigpic
                              Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
                              Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
                              Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

• 340i- I know the depth with a the black lip kills it, but I don't want the polished look. hopefully someone can come up with something to toss a spark in my brain.

My color scheme is totally in the air since I changed the color from black to white. I want black accents still such as the grill and window pieces. Just not sure what else. I still like the idea of copper bolts

Comment

Working...
                                X