No announcement yet.

Heist's Build Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good stuff dude. I'm picking up a new project this weekend, a '71 2002 in Sacramento area (off a fellow Stanceworks member actually ). Since I've been researching them a bunch lately and understanding them better, I'm really getting a grasp of how much work you've put into this car. I plan on doing similar work to mine, I'm not going the custom fender flare route, but I'll definitely be stripping it, cleaning it, stancing it up, painting it, etc.

I'm all for DIY projects, so I really respect this build. You're taking risks and making it happen how you want it.

How are you liking those IE coils? I'm kinda bummed with how limited the coilover selection is with these cars. Shit's expensive too for what it is. I've seen some pretty creative alternatives though.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• Good to hear!

I really have yet to put that many miles on the coils, but they seem well put together. Yeah every option is very pricey. I love the ground control setup and everyone says they are excellent. Others have done BC racing coilvers on E30's. This is an alternative route I was going to do you should look into it.

Comment

• Took a trip to vegas so everything got put on hold. Nice break, but I came home to her over heating. Ended up picking up a new thermo didn't work still. Now I have pulled out the pump and I'm waiting for another thermo and pump.

Anyways good news is I got new yoks for the rear . I'm not that huge on stertch, always just like a light stretch, but this look is really growing on me. Profile of the car is finally almost even. I will get some full shots tomorrow, but this is just a teaser for now !

Crusty. The pump looks just as bad...

new, but still dead out of the box...

new tires

Comment

• sssssssssssssick

Comment

• Originally posted by dvsmethodz View Post
            Awesome!
            Originally posted by softg View Post
            sssssssssssssick
            Damn that an sweet 2002 Love it

Comment

• IF you ever are looking to change the wheel well flares. The VW rabbit 1st gen are the same size. I ve Seen the Metal VW arches cut out of junkyard cars and welded on 2002s.

Comment

• This build is great man keep up the good work. I have always loved those wheels. Its going to look great when its finished up.

Comment

• Nice work, subscribed.
                  "It's nice to be important, but more important to be nice."

Comment

• Thanks^

First is a photo of the crusty ass water pump. New one on the way along with the thermo. Now the stance is slowly getting closer to what I wanted. I lifted the front up for sanding so don't mind the huge gap. Once I get all the body work done I'm going to get the exact measurements for spacers because I want to go lower, but I have 10mm in the front and 15mm in the rear which is holding me back. Very happy with the progress though I think she is finally moving in the right direction.

Comment

• Comment

• 0_o so much win....

Comment

• looks sick dude!! i cant wait to see it sprayed!!

Comment

• Ok, wait...

Did I just decode the words 'For Sale ???' on it??
                            You're not gonna sell it, aren't you??
                            I hope you that you won't! I wanna see it sprayed and shinig!
                            If shit can happen, shit's bound to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by DC95 View Post
                              Ok, wait...

Did I just decode the words 'For Sale ???' on it??
                              You're not gonna sell it, aren't you??
                              I hope you that you won't! I wanna see it sprayed and shinig!
                              pretty sure that was just a joke. It said "For Sale $3.95"

Heist, progress is awesome man, glad you're staying motivated.

--Golden Boy E30 Build--

--My Shop: Where Passion Meets Livelihood (or tries to)--

--Etsy Shop--

--@ayyyitsmikey--

Comment

• ok, then I'm glad....
                                If shit can happen, shit's bound to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X