No announcement yet.

Heist's Build Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few people are talking about using this metal bracing idea, so here is a few side notes if you do.

The entire bumper needs to be cut around 1.5" to fit close to snug
    Use a ~2" circle to insert into the bumper hole to keep the unit from moving side to side
    On the sides of the bumper they tend to tilt down, so when welding in the bars consider a light tilt on each edge to ensure it has some tension up.
    I used sheet metal screws to lift and lower the fg bumper on the metal bar to get the fit perfect prior to actually glassing it in.

Feel free to pm me questions regarding this and I will try to help

Last edited by Heist; 01-10-2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heist View Post

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

• How does the bumper actually bolt up on the car?

Comment

• this is the best 2002 build ever
          E36 Bonnie

Comment

• Killing it man, I'm getting a 180 track shell in the next few days.. Going to pull the welder out and get into it! you're all inspiration mate. Keep it up yeeeew!
            SlipperyDinosaur - http://slipperydinosaur.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by 1orange2 View Post
              How does the bumper actually bolt up on the car?
              looks like it slides into a receiver like a hitch.

Comment

• ^
                Yep thats how the original bumpers work as well both on the 2002 and e30 cars.
                Another option is to keep the original aluminum bumpers, and just trim them down so they are not so wide. Then you can fab up some short pipes to get the bumper closer to the car. Check out the Catuned f20 powered 2002 for an example of this. Looks good as well and requires slightly less fabrication, and could be done with out welding for those of you with out welders.

Comment

• Heist man, do you wake up in the morning and piss excellence? aha best build on here for sure

if this is doesnt get a feature when its done there is something seriously wrong with the world aha

Comment

• I like your build.

Comment

• Front brakes! Holey f'**k this will be awesome
                      sigpic

BMW M5 V8 1993
                      Slowtoys CC

Comment

• Love this car, and the amount of quality work is amazing!! Keep it up I wanna see moooooooarrrrrrr
                        Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

• The bumper slides into the rear hitch hole and bolts in from the trunk. I will post more detailed photos once it's painted, which depending on the weather, maybe tomorrow!

My steering box has a stripped arm and has been holding me down from making much progress, bought one on ebay and now I'm just waiting.

Thanks for all the positive comments

Comment

• One of the best build threads ive ever read...however, im pissed that on page 61 there isnt a finished car to see!!! I **** the suspense! I cant wait to see it done but am enjoying seeing it come together. Great work maing.
                            Sometimes you eat the bar, and... well, sometimes it eats you...

Build thread here:
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=40225

Comment

• Originally posted by Heist View Post
                              The golds going to stay for a little, but not long. I'm not keeping this car white too thats forsure.
                              glad you changed your mind, lookin good

Comment

• Originally posted by jackjamesw910i View Post
                                glad you changed your mind, lookin good
                                SEM bright white changed my mind. Still after I put down the Jet Black today it may be its future in a few years

Comment

Working...
                                X