No announcement yet.

Heist's Build Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heist. To make the bolts for the clutch res cleaner, weld the nuts to the mounting plate on the pedal box. It will also make taking it off and on easier in the future as you wont have to worry about holding the nut and turning the bolt at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by deutschman View Post
      Heist. To make the bolts for the clutch res cleaner, weld the nuts to the mounting plate on the pedal box. It will also make taking it off and on easier in the future as you wont have to worry about holding the nut and turning the bolt at the same time.
      I know I realized this when it was already too late.... Might take it on tomorrow and just do a back plate for the clutch and grind off the other stuff so I don't have some janky long bolts. Good catch

Comment

• Just try'n te help a bruda out

Comment

• Great progress Heist!

As a suggestion. I see that your threaded rod that secures your master cylinder to your pedal box is exposed, perhaps placing in some tubes/pipe to protect it from the elements would not only prevent corrosion, but make the mounting a lil more rigid. Further more I would also recommend that a mating plate be provided for that cylinder as to match up and provide more surface area to kick against.

I am sure you wouldnt mind cutting and welding a lil bit more. HAHA.

I check in on your build daily...Hats off!

Comment

• Too much love for this thread..gosh, i don't want you to be finish!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

• This thread is perfect! Nice work dude.

Comment

• quick lunch break. UPS man dropped off some plumbing goodies

Comment

• Comment

• i cant wait till that front lip gets painted and goes on, that bumper will look very nice too

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

• Quick tip from the pro, aka j.leno's garage: use welding wire to map out your break line bends. A lot easier to bend and redo, then doing all the hard lines.
                      You then just use them as templates for what you need.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

• Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
                        Quick tip from the pro, aka j.leno's garage: use welding wire to map out your break line bends. A lot easier to bend and redo, then doing all the hard lines.
                        You then just use them as templates for what you need.

But it is probably a good idea what TeckniX is saying, but i dont know, i have no clue how to do shit, im 17 years old.

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

• TeckniX- Good call, going to have to try that

Comment

• Looking great so far!

Comment

• Part of me doesn't want to see this build end...

Comment

• I just spent the entire day reading this thread. I'm so glad I got to see this thing in person today. Best
                                Thing ever

Comment

Working...
                                X