Elizabeth McCord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth McCord

Here is my 20 year old grocery getter named Elizabeth. She has been in my family since my Great Grandmother bought her new. Here is how she looked when I bought her from my sister.

She was too tall

and she had cancer

I operated.

Then I crashed her

So I operated.

Welded it back up

Then finished it

CB7 Meet

Then I ordered Ground Controls and Koni yellows

Now I have this stuff for her this summer. Red housed headlights. And the fogs are a rather rare item for this generation accord.

I have these wheels, but I only have two. They are 15x7 -12.

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Dobermann; 03-03-2011, 10:02 PM.

pretty cool!!
    1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
    Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

very nice!
      so much better than witnessing these with fart cans, rice tail lights and 19" wheels..
      Volkswagen Jetta, MKiii (Daily)
      BMW 320i, E21 (FOR SALE)

Comment

Somehow a Cool story

Comment

Haha nice read for a Friday morning, made me smile.

Comment

mad props for knowing what you're doing! and for bringing her back to life.

Comment

Thanks guys!

When I bought her I didn't have the mod bug, but when I caught it I decided I needed to figure out my priorities with the car. First fix any rust/mechanical issues. There is no use putting wheels on something when the quarter pannel is missing. Then I was going to do the stance and handling. Then one thats settled, I might consider power.

I have these wheels, but I only have two. I'm not sure if I'm going to run them this season or not.

They are pretty aggressive considering they are only x7. There are some nice RS that need work in the FS section on here. I'm not sure if I want them or not yet.

Comment

Good start bro! I <3 Accords (no homo)...
                "I know I'm not Stance|Works material. I'm just a fan. " - Stretchd8

"Jesus must love me " - FittedDownLow

Comment

I’m praying to dear god you took that fuel tank out of it when you welded it!

Comment

Originally posted by Storm Chaser View Post
                    I’m praying to dear god you took that fuel tank out of it when you welded it!
                    We put extra welding gloves in between the neck and the pannels. Theres a good 6 inch gap in between and the metal never gets that hot since its only 20 guage.

So I have been busy refinishing my blades. I'm not sure I wanna sell them anymore. Heres some pics from the process.

Stock finish

Rash

No rash.

I'm guessing the result is roughly 30-40 hours per wheel, and ALOT of emery cloth, 400, 1000, 2000, Mothers Aluminum and Mag polish, and then Mothers billet.

Thats only 1 polish on it. If I do a few more I will get a much clearer reflection.

Comment

fave body of accord. My buddy just picked one up for 200 bucks guy thought somehting was wrong with the motor. Just a bad fuel pump and a week later got a call from a junkyard that the guy had some "rims" that might fit it. Hes a route driver for interstate batteries so he knows all these kind of spots to find stuff. The "rims" in question were three piece racing harts type c. He got them for 250 dollars....lol and had a jdm prelude motor and trans in his garage for it. Lucky dog
                      I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Comment

Working...
                      X