No announcement yet.

My B5 Passat... New wheels soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah sorry to disagree with you as well. But i got it pretty low today with simulated tyres. lol. But to go the extra step and lay frame you only need to cut a couple holes. I will prob do that in front of my house on the road. lol.

Instragram: @lukeybabes

Comment

very nice work, looking forward to finished project..........

Comment

Im sure i will never be finished. Always changing stuff! lol.

Comment

Well a guy came to swap headlinings today. So now i have a standard headlining to mutilate!

Bye bye old.

Hello new. Got a few bits of trim sprayed up.

And covered all the pillars. Maybe this modification will add some resale value instead of destroying it. lol.

Last edited by LukeyBabes; 05-29-2011, 05:14 PM.

Comment

What is your GTF? I'm at 22.5 in front and my b5 passat is plenty low. I've notched my towers pretty good already from my control arms hitting them like yours. Don't know what kind of stance you're going for but you can get plenty low without notching and still have a perfect stance.

I've only heard of one person notching their towers on coils, the rest have done it to lay frame on their bags.

Comment

I love they way you are taking so much care about the details. Its nice to see! Im fairly close to you, only in St Austell cornwall. Interior wins me over for this car

Comment

Mine was that when i measured with one of the RS on. Want it over an inch lower than that though. I am getting air btw. Thats why im notching the struts. But will me dailying it low as well apart from on harsh roads.

Originally posted by gunning View Post
                I love they way you are taking so much care about the details. Its nice to see! Im fairly close to you, only in St Austell cornwall. Interior wins me over for this car
                Thanks man. Means alot.

Headlining done!

Dunno what to do next now. lol

Why has this thead been moved from the Uk part of the forum?? I already have a thread here???
                Last edited by LukeyBabes; 05-30-2011, 04:59 PM.

Comment

I a boot lid on ebay while looking for some new wings. And it was adviticed for £25 brand new and painted from vw never fitted.
                  So i bought it. Sent and got it. And didnt check it over cuz i was in a rush. (mistake). The paint is awful on it! In the picture below it looks ok but along the bottom the paint is all thin. There all shit in the paint, Runs in it. and 2 dents! And there is red paint underneath the blue. So not brand new. So i got in contact with the dude and i got a tenner back . Couldn't be arsed to take it back anyway. Ah well. Its a bit better than my one at first glance anyway. But will get it re-sprayed anyway. But then i could of done that with mine!

Anyway spent a few hours washing my car today with all my new cleaning stuff! And i **** myself. Cuz now im into cleaning it will have to be spotless all the time! lol

After that i finally got round to spraying my centre caps for the bentleys as they were tatty!

I NEED new wings. Might go bodyshop tomorrow and ask about spraying a few bits.

Comment

Got my centers back from the powder coaters. Should of asked them to mask up the mounting surfaces. Does anyone have a good and easy way to remove powdercoat neatly? Or am i gonna have to scrape it off. Dammit.

3 out of the 4 centre caps have a bit of a shit finish on them so im gonna take them back to be redone. I am fussy. lol. Looks worse in real life than below.

Comment

look good, but liked the old headliner better

Comment

Going for a classier look.

Mods can i get this moved back to the uk part of the forum? I dont know why it moved?

Comment

love whats happened with the passat- a real credit

what paint code from 'furniture clinic' did you use, thinking about doing something similar.
                          thanks.

Comment

Working...
                          X