No announcement yet.

Starting on an E21 Alpina...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you planning on any different wheels? If so shoot me a PM may be interested on the on those.

Comment

The wheels on it now are ooooold school Rotas (owners are Filipino, where Rotas are made...)

And I do plan on changing them out, but don't know how soon that'll be.

2004 350Z Twin Turbo

Comment

I want a free car. Hell I'd settle for a free e30 318i even, not an Alpina haha.

Anyhow, great score man. That front bumper is a damn bench lol. Hopefully you get this thing running quick. Get pics of the interior I wanna see how trashed it is. I've seen some pretty messed up interiors get cleaned up nice. You'd be amazed what a good commercial steamer and the right chemicals and a shop vac can do.

Comment

Lol oh I know, I work at a dealership that has a full detail shop, I'm not too worried about cleaning it. The fact that it's hairy/dirty isn't the problem. Cats have claws, and that's the problem. The seats are all torn up.

Fortunately the car's been covered, and from what I remember, I don't think the dash had any cracks. I've only looked at it once, may be getting it this weekend.

2004 350Z Twin Turbo

Comment

what up bro got new and better info for you rig. its not a alpina four cylinder ,cause they never made a four cylinder. they are a tuner shop "go big or go home" , they used the big six in there e21, but if there is a silver lining for you the next time you take a look at the car open up the bonnet and look for the vin number once you find that then look for a alpina data plate for every bmw that they built they put there own stamp on it to let you know that they had there hand on it. find that data plate and you got your self an alpina just no motor.

Comment

Haha well at least they can be reupholstered. It's good that the dash has no cracks then. I'm sure an M30 can be had for pretty cheap as it seems most people are looking for M50's these days.

Comment

wow score on the free car!
                the fact that it seems to have all the right parts to make it alpina is even better!

Car is def worth some money if you restore it correctly. Euro bumpers would work wonders, so do that first after you get her cleaned up and running.

Comment

if you haven't figured it out yet that car is an alpina clone. Nothing about that car is alpina except the badging and maybe the rear spoiler, which I'd gladly take off your hands. alpina cars had to be imported as grey market in the 80s. they should have their own plaque mounted on the car as well as new VIN#. E21 alpina were euro versions only so they had euro bumpers. the rear valence dimensions are different because euro bumpers were smaller so the step in the body or space for the bumper is smaller. if it doesn't have that then its a US body and therefore definitively not an alpina.

clint

Comment

if you don't already know, remove the tank. remove whatever is in the tank and put some agressive sealer and chemicals in there then test the tanks in a bucket, separate of the car.

Comment

DIVING BOARDS!!! Hahaha, love the car man, good luck with the build. Good things, I feel good things.
                      Christof Goulart
                      FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

Working...
                      X