Junkyard Civic Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junkyard Civic Build

I bought this for $300 and drove it home been messin with it ever since.Doin it cheap to get it somewhere.I got coilovers on the way so more pics when ther on but just wanna see what people think so far.

When I first got it

New wheels

Front shot

Back shot

Lowerin springs

No springs....how id like it to see with coilovers

Not sure what you'd like to hear....

Looks like junker being repaired, so far.

Comment

Sure has potential! I'd personally look into a engine swap...after some wheels. How well does it run?

Comment

good stuff, i like seeing these builds.

Comment

It runs fine just smokes which is valve seals but i got another head for it for free im gonna put on and I thought about swap like LS or also makin it awd.I got the head and integra front seats for free,the wheels were $280.Basically my plans i been throwin around are like stickerbombing the wheels,maybe paint it highlighter yellow,paint the hood and trunk with chalkboard paint,possibly putting suicide doors on the back doors...just things i can think of that i havent seen done and to try and be original.I know its not the best looking hence the name junkyard civic but for what it is i got a steal and im doing what i can to get it right.
          Last edited by lancemthomas; 01-29-2011, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Dont exactly know what you consider "right", but all the plans listed sound like you should stop now while you're ahead....
            Originally posted by anth
            Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

wow for a site full of ppl doin stuff different sure is full of alot of ******...remind me not to post again lol

Comment

Thats the thing though, My opinion is not hate....

What you are 'planning' to do has already been done on many cars in seperate applications. By you trying to compile all of them into the one car, it will look like an abortion, not 'individual' or 'creative'

Take your time and read through the build threads on this site to get an idea of the sorts of style in which people build their cars, some do the things which you want to do, but a lot do subtle modifications to make their cars look clean and sleek.

At the end of the day anything I say is pointless, you will do what you want to do. Just dont get all upset and badmouth Stanceworks because people dont like what you are doing.
                Originally posted by anth
                Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

I was only joking I love this site it does help with ideas.I have seen some stuff done like highlighter paint on a crx havent seen stickered wheels but they arent so much plans as just ideas but I do appreciate the feedback.I you guys are right tho alot of people been tellin me the things i been thinkin of are just way too time consuming mite as well keep it simple
                  Last edited by lancemthomas; 01-29-2011, 08:40 AM.

Comment

this site is not all about people doing stuff that is different. Its STANCEWORKS.....a site dedicated to STANCED cars and with that comes CLEAN styling. Sticker bombing your wheels, spray painting your car some redicolous color and drawing on it with chalk are some of the worst things people do to their cars.

IMO, if you want to be "accepted" around here your best bet when pulling a car out of a junk yard is

1. tow it home
                    2. buy coilovers
                    3. buy wide wheels
                    4. make the car run well

Then you should go on to other "ideas".....but not spray paint, and not stickers

Comment

Yeah thats pretty much the plan right now lol.But I didnt pull it literally out of a junkyard it was sittin at a transmission shop some dude just left it there but most of the broken stuff i been pullin out the junkyard and it does look like it came out a junkyard haha

Comment

So far it sounds like you plan on ricing it badly out rather than fixing it first,

So yeah, this thread went downhill fast.

Comment

Originally posted by lancemthomas View Post
                          It runs fine just smokes which is valve seals but i got another head for it for free im gonna put on and I thought about swap like LS or also makin it awd.I got the head and integra front seats for free,the wheels were $280.Basically my plans i been throwin around are like stickerbombing the wheels,maybe paint it highlighter yellow,paint the hood and trunk with chalkboard paint,possibly putting suicide doors on the back doors...just things i can think of that i havent seen done and to try and be original.I know its not the best looking hence the name junkyard civic but for what it is i got a steal and im doing what i can to get it right.
                          You won't know if the valve seals are good or bad on the used head either.
                          If I were you I would just swap out the valve seals on the current head. Go from there and keep the other head as a spare just in case.

As far as styling I think you should abandon all those ideas to begin with. I'm from the school of less is more when it comes to cars and when you go way out of your way to try and be original you're forcing the idea on yourself and people see through it as desperation to stand out. In the end youre not really modding it for yourself but attention followed by some ironic 'fuk h.aters' stickers.

Having the car is a start and ive always had a soft spot for EF's; all you need is time, a bit of money and some skill to change it around. Start with replacing wear and tear items and get a solid car before slapping on coilovers and rolling fenders and all that shit. You want to drive it and not have it sit in your driveway or garage all year because its been neglected by you.
                          Stick around and get some ideas from peoples builds here, wont hurt.
                          Last edited by renngolf; 01-29-2011, 11:42 AM.
                          91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

Well thanks for all the helpful opinions.Ive been thinking more about it during the day and most of those ideas were kinda wack the awd was mainly because i live in the mountains and it would help with snow.I will turn the "originality" down a bit and keep it simple and post new pics after more works been done for those who are interested.

Comment

Working...
                            X