Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backwards Alphabet.

I'm bored.

The clean slate. 1996 B5 A4. quattro Automatic.

Bought the car in April 2009, my first car. Had no interest in cars prior to the purchase, but I was familiar with forums and such from my previous love; videogames. So I joined Audiforums.com and got the "mod" bug. Lulz.

A lot of things are going to be left out, mainly because I just want to bring everyone up to speed on what's been done, and what's going to happen!

Main exterior modifications are...

Facelift Headlights with 55w 5000k HID's, now 3000k for shits and gigs.

Facelift Euro Tails that required a bit of a wiring modification to work.

Clear Sidemarkers with amber LED's. LED's automatically make your car better.

Somebody hit me.

I bought coilovers (ST's) and didn't even want to be slammed, just a couple inches lower. What a terrible idea.

Then I started hearing about this little website, Stanceworks. Finally I checked it out and loved the whole "stance" idea, so I bought wheels and decided to take a stab at it.

205/40's, 17x8.5 + not exactly knowing wtf I was doing with my coilovers and such = this...

Terrible. So much wheel gap, no poke or anything, it was stupid. The problem? I had kept my stock bumpstops in along with the bumpstops that came on the coilovers... I suck at this. The ride was bouncy and annoying and I was depressed that I did this to my car.

So I sold those tires and got something with more meat. 215/45's, pretty much bottomed out my coilovers and bought 20mm spacers for the rear and 15mm for the front. Did I ever measure anything? Fuck no, I guessed a lot of the time because I'm lazy and just hoped everything would work.

I liked it, a lot. I rubbed when I turned and it made me smile every time. However the front wasn't where I wanted it to be, so one day I finally looked and realized my stock bumpstops shouldn't be there. Feeling like an idiot, I took them out and had to raise the coils because it was underivable with the tire size and low low. I removed the 15mm spacers and road hellasunk up front and poking in the rear.

Anyway, this is probably the least organized build thread ever, and I apologize. I have interior work done, but I'm too lazy to post it all.

That's the last good picture of 2010, before winter mode and such ensued.

I've been acquiring parts for spring.

That's it for now!

fantastico! everyone has noob moments tho dude

Comment

i used to have a b5
      yours is sexy
      ClubSandwichMember

Comment

Word Vegas, I've felt like an idiot so many times while working on this bitch.

Thanks Pantyraider.

Comment

Random pictures.

Stupid bumper.

My headliner needs work. Steering wheel is from a '97, the '96 wheel is so ugly.

Comment

I'm not a photographer by any means, I just borrows my friends camera from time to time.

Went to NY for an Audiforums get together, my sticker phase...

Last edited by NickBroderick; 01-22-2011, 05:50 PM.

Comment

17"s look sooooo good on the b5
              That Wheel Guy

Lowered Values

Comment

Love your car Nick.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Didn't know you had the black/white interior. Post winter mode!
                  Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
                  Alex

Comment

<3
                    Originally posted by anth
                    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

<3
                      sigpic

Comment

Love it.
                        Christof Goulart
                        FCGoulartDesign.

Comment

Thanks fellas, I have a lot of work to do and the chances of it getting done are slim, but this year should be a lot of fun.

Alex, the interior is (was?) grey/dark blue. It's hard to tell in those pictures.

Comment

That's dark blue interior?? I could not tell, even looking at the steering wheel ( unless you have a blue wheel)
                            Strictly Pleasure/Zero Clearance/Stretch Your Legs
                            Alex

Comment

Steering wheel and vents are black, dash and the rest is dark dark blue.

Comment

Working...
                              X