Midmounted Mazda Minitruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post

As far as fabrication builds go, this is my absolute favorite.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

• Thanks guys, glad you're liking it.

Update 32...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXj_BN7HaKQ&list=UU151988UtWgR8MbyugfIfYg&index=1&feature=plcp"]Midmounted Mazda Minitruck - Update 32 - YouTube[/ame]
      sigpic
      Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
      Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
      Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

• im in love with the goofieness of your vids and also the result of fabrication! my hat goes off to you!

but if you dont sandblast and paint those old original parts that u have left that are rusted, i swear ill be pissed hahah

on serious note great job man truly appreciate what your contributing to this site . its because of builds like this one that i keep coming back...

Comment

• That is an intense amount of attention to detail. Just the fact that you hammered the ends of the bead-rolled things. Keep it coming!

Comment

• Also mate, when all is finished, could you put all of those updates together, and make one long ass Enjoyable video and host it on a server so all of us can download it ? My paps for example is not great with the Interwebs but he sure appreciates a good build, i think he would watch this with some popcorn in hand...

Comment

• My favorite build. Half of me wishes it would never stop, the other wants it completed.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

• taking home fabrication to a whole new level, one of THE best builds ever.
                keep up the excellent work.
                Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beemer!
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24326

Comment

• I'm not sure what I like better: The build, or your charismatic video updates.

Keep up the good work sir! That fire wall is lookin' clean!

Dave's Muffler & More on the social network!!!
                  DAVESMUFFLERANDMORE@GMAIL.COM

Comment

• Originally posted by Bystrov View Post
                    im in love with the goofieness of your vids and also the result of fabrication! my hat goes off to you!

but if you dont sandblast and paint those old original parts that u have left that are rusted, i swear ill be pissed hahah

on serious note great job man truly appreciate what your contributing to this site . its because of builds like this one that i keep coming back...

Originally posted by C-Hutch View Post
                    That is an intense amount of attention to detail. Just the fact that you hammered the ends of the bead-rolled things. Keep it coming!
                    Originally posted by Buck6687 View Post
                    taking home fabrication to a whole new level, one of THE best builds ever.
                    keep up the excellent work.
                    Originally posted by Dave-ger View Post
                    I'm not sure what I like better: The build, or your charismatic video updates.

Keep up the good work sir! That fire wall is lookin' clean!
                    thanks guys

Originally posted by Bystrov View Post
                    Also mate, when all is finished, could you put all of those updates together, and make one long ass Enjoyable video and host it on a server so all of us can download it ? My paps for example is not great with the Interwebs but he sure appreciates a good build, i think he would watch this with some popcorn in hand...
                    unfortunately due to a technical problem, we lost all the early videos, so youtube is the only place they are. i could download them, but youtube only does this in low definition. The best (and free...) way to watch all of them in sequence is to play the playlist. Here's a link, just click the "play all" button at the top of the page:

Follow me on my first minitruck build, a 1977 Mazda B1600, which will be getting a full custom frame, body drop, FBSS airbag system, mid-mounted Lexus 1uzfe ...

Due to the early videos not being in HD, you're best to set your youtube settings to always default to HD when available. Then just full-screen it and they'll all play in order. The definition can also be changed individually, if you paps has trouble with the youtube settings.

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
                    My favorite build. Half of me wishes it would never stop, the other wants it completed.
                    haha i kinda feel the same way tbh, but you know that when its finished it will just mean that i'll move onto other projects and do something similar to share...
                    sigpic
                    Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
                    Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

• Update: This will be old news to those following the facebook page, but here it is for everyone else...

I got a message a while back from a fellow named Brian, who owns and runs Grinder TV. They make automotive videos, and I've loved their work for a while now so was quite excited when he said he wanted to come to NZ specifically to film my truck and meet me. The day came and I went to pick him up at the airport...

Although I'd been working frantically on the truck every day for the last few months, it still had some work to go before it was complete and ready to film...

(the night before he arrived)

(state upon arrival)

I organised a minitruck meet with some friends to coincide with his visit and also with a local car group meet up. Awesomeness ensued...

The following afternoon the minitruck was ready to shoot, the weather was near perfect, and we'd found a location by the harbour that worked great with the sunset... (this is a quick pic from my point-n-shoot)

Another local trucker had just a few weeks earlier finished his minitruck and got it road legal, so that was shot too...

here's one of the pics that Grinder TV took of mine. The rest will hopefully end up in a magazine.

and here's the bit I'm most excited about, the teaser video they've just uploaded. This is a tiny fraction of the footage he took while here, so it looks like i won't be able to see the videoshoot, interview and dragging videos until the dvd is released.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Thanks again for the support and comments everyone, its really nice and keeps me motivated to get this thing finished asap

Nick
                      Last edited by 340i; 09-02-2012, 01:05 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Fuck me...

Comment

• thats what she said...
                          sigpic

Comment

• that last link no longer works as they've uploaded a tweaked video and its now on their main channel:

new video:
                            (click the "youtube" button to watch it in full screen HD on youtube)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_OWZnHIi9w"]GrinderTV's Trip to Australia and New Zealand - YouTube[/ame]

I've started editing the next build video, hope to have it done this weekend if i can get enough time into it
                            sigpic

Comment

• So how is this thing going to move under its own power?

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
                                So how is this thing going to move under its own power?
                                probably very well, im hoping for 400+hp at quite low boost i plan to run. its still under construction at the moment though, so obviously needs quite a few things still to do, like axles and gear link cables, the entire minitruck needs to be wired (no wiring at all it at the moment, etc).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X