• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
    damn, those holes just keep creeping up on you man

me, i would have chucked that already
    lol this is the last one...i promise.
    91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

• Super fun a-pillar is done. Spent a few hours on it today. Couple in between pics as well.
      I tried to make it look as stock as possible to match the other side. Close enough.
      The only thing rotted on the car is the rear hatch seal but I think I might just look for a replacement. maybe.

Comment

• talk about a rebuild! great work so far man and good luck! cant wait to see this done

Comment

• Originally posted by renngolf View Post
          Super fun a-pillar is done. Spent a few hours on it today. Couple in between pics as well.
          I tried to make it look as stock as possible to match the other side. Close enough.
          The only thing rotted on the car is the rear hatch seal but I think I might just look for a replacement. maybe.

You are a magician!!! This is awesome.....before you start the Golf was in a really bad condition but now?! If u are done you will have a new 91er Golf...keep on working....
          Last edited by dave81; 04-24-2011, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• WOW Dave WOW!!!

Sandor told me about this and I said...who? He doesn't work on stuff he just brakes light bulbs and cries in the dark......

Great work can't wait to see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatEF9kid View Post
              talk about a rebuild! great work so far man and good luck! cant wait to see this done
              Thanks. Definitely need some luck too.

Originally posted by dave81 View Post
              You are a magician!!! This is awesome.....before you start the Golf was in a really bad condition but now?! If u are done you will have a new 91er Golf...keep on working....
              Yeah that became the idea more or less. To have a new-ish mk2 again and not worry about replacing everything down the road when this car will become the daily driver in a couple years time.

Originally posted by impulse byer View Post
              WOW Dave WOW!!!

Sandor told me about this and I said...who? He doesn't work on stuff he just brakes light bulbs and cries in the dark......

Great work can't wait to see it.
              haha thanks Lee. Still a a ton of crap to get out of the way. Hows the scirocco? Did you refinish that scene kid fender yet?

Comment

• :O

Comment

• damn dude my mk2 looks perfect compared to how you picked yours up. Youre doing a fucking sick job fixing it up though

Comment

• zing! I forgot who i was talking to lol

yes its on its way.

Comment

• Holy shit this fucking guy.

Incredible work.

I like em dropped.

Comment

• Originally posted by impulse byer View Post
                        zing! I forgot who i was talking to lol

yes its on its way.

Nice man. replacement door?

Tell Aaron to get that beetle finished.

Originally posted by Dave_The_BMXER View Post
                        Holy shit this fucking guy.

Incredible work.
                        Thanks Dave.

Lame update.

Got the windshield lip in epoxy primer. Much better than shitty rust.
                        The a-pillar part got covered in the same stuff. The drip rail trim will cover the channel and the door covers that lower a-pillar spot so Im not bothering to smooth anything out. Its just going to get painted.

This is the part that sucks bag. All the welded seams got a coat of everglass. Topping it with evercoats z-grip. Once im satisfied with it ill throw some metal glaze over it and finish it off. **** working with bodyfiller. I think ill be taking a break from it and painint the wheel wells and rear floor portion soon.

Comment

• For the love of the Game.
                          56' Big Back Glass Chevy
                          08' Audi S5

Comment

• Wow man just read the whole thread. Very impressed.

2001 Focus Sedan from an ex-ricer. See my build thread
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17122

Comment

• are you going to have this at vagkraft this year, I would love to see this thing in person (I'm down in niagara, not far from you)

Comment

• Originally posted by NorCalFocus View Post
                                Wow man just read the whole thread. Very impressed.
                                Thanks man.

Originally posted by JuniorB View Post
                                are you going to have this at vagkraft this year, I would love to see this thing in person (I'm down in niagara, not far from you)
                                I really don't think it will be done by then

Took a break from sanding body filler and put in some time into the rear portion of the floors.
                                At times like this you really wish you had more room and a rotisserie to flip the car over but you gotta work with what you have.

Piece of crap exhaust hanger and bracket

The remains of the hanger and the intermediate fuel pump bracket.

Intermediate bracket studs. I ended up cutting the nuts off and after cleaning it up the stud bases were still good so I decided to leave them in to see if the mk3 fuel filter housing can bolt up to it. if not ill just end up cutting them out and weld in some new studs for the housing.

First few pics showing the bare floors with the rust spots being grinded out with a wire wheel. The bare spot to the left is where the previous hanger bracket was.

I used this stuff called Blue Steel (marine product) to convert the rust in the pits. Goes on creamy white and turns into a blackish blue colour after it reacts and acts as a primer afterwards.

I started looking around for something to make an exhaust hanger out of.
                                Baby seat restraint bar.

Mixed some epoxy primer later and went over the spots from the previous day.

Previously fucked corners

passanger side

drivers

Really glad this stage is almost done. Once it dries some areas still need seam sealer, paint and rocker guard. Then its back to the smoothing the arches.

Comment

Working...
                                X