Clear All

you can hardly call those arches..

props for ur work
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

More pics!
      KMK Fotografie

Comment

wow. i love mk2 and glad to see u saved it from the bone yard. I would never undertake a project like this just from the shear lack of know how i commend u for it
        I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Comment

I love how this wasn't supposed to be a restore project at first. lol. Oh well, it's coming along great. Looking forward to seeing/reading more.

*subscribed

Comment

Thanks all. I was going to wait it out until I got a bit more work done on the rear but decided to update the thread as I progress though it be it big or small. I started on the passenger side today, tomorrow I should have the other side cut out.

The wheel wells are not bad except for a few areas but regardless they will be getting cleaned up entirely and be re-coated with rust bullet and some kind of top coating.

Sections of the inner housing will need to get cut out and replaced.

This is all the crap that was in the lower rear corner.
            Theres a flap there that opens up into the rebar rail housing in the back.. don't know how so much crap got in there.

91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

Looking great so far - don't stop now!

I picked up an MK3 in similar (not as bad) shape. Thanks for the link for new metal!

Comment

where were you able to cut the well off of? parts car? junk yard? i have a whole rear quarter panel that needs replaced!
                Volkswagen Jetta, MKiii (Daily)
                BMW 320i, E21 (FOR SALE)

Comment

lol at that prop valve hahahah. good lookin build, props for savin it

Comment

Moooooaaaaaaarrrr

Comment

i love seeing shit done right, and this build delivers. keep up the good work, this is gonna be mint when its finished.
                      sigpic
                      Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
                      Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
                      Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

Originally posted by Chase Otter(: View Post
                        where were you able to cut the well off of? parts car? junk yard? i have a whole rear quarter panel that needs replaced!
                        Hey sorry I missed your question. I got the quarters off http://www.typ-17.de
                        The klokkerholm panels they sell in general are a pretty good fit and quality.
                        As for the inners I will have to make a template first then use sheet metal and extend the original inner to meet the outer arch.

If that's not an option for you, you can always cut a quarter out of a parts car if it's in good shape and you have a steady hand. I didn't want to dick around with finding a suitable replacement.

Originally posted by loudest03cavi View Post
                        Moooooaaaaaaarrrr
                        Hope to have some more updates soon.

Originally posted by 340i View Post
                        i love seeing shit done right, and this build delivers. keep up the good work, this is gonna be mint when its finished.
                        Thanks. Appreciate it. 'When' is definitely the key word since I don't get to work on it as often as I'd like to mostly because I **** the fucking cold.
                        Last edited by renngolf; 02-26-2011, 04:27 PM.
                        91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

Hope to have some more updates soon.
                          excellent, (im)patiently awaiting. :P

Comment

I would love to come check this build out with my buddy who's rebuilding his Mk2. We're in KW.

Comment

Very nice build. If I had the money I'd love to restore my old rabbit.
                              513 OG

Comment

Holy Christ is that thing covered in rust. I haven't seen a rear suspension covered that bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X